• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is this sound weird?

pasag

RTDAS
Not entirely if you really wanted to be picky. Starting a sentence with the word "Happens" is not strictly speaking grammatically correct when depicting a recurring event. It should say "It happens."
Left it out on purpose (just like I left 'I' out at the beginning of this one). Also, I wasn't correcting anyone tbf.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Left it out on purpose (just like I left 'I' out at the beginning of this one). Also, I wasn't correcting anyone tbf.
Personally I couldn't give a monkey's about spelling or grammar, but Fiery said the sentence was perfect and I just pointed out that it wasn't.
Maybe who ever started this thread deliberately made wrong use of the title "Why is this sound weird?" as a subliminal message.

biased indian

International Coach
It has an 'h'.

And I realised the high likelihood of it being in jest yet I also took into account that biased may not be as fluent in English as we take for granted so answered the question.
:).....thanx...but i was just making fun of him in this case....

bond21

Banned
When will people learn that before making fun of a post with poor spelling or grammar, you should check every word of your own post, otherwise you're just setting yourself up. Happens so often around here.
ur a hyp0crite,

uR sntence shouldve strted with n I

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Leaving aside the bastardisation of our great language, what is the original point of this thread anyway?:unsure:
Did you read the articles? They pretty much say everything but "Hayden and Langer are a gay couple". Then Nnandon also posted this article (Jaques blown but still smiling) which makes it even more absurd.

And for the 2nd time, the title of the thread was supposed to be a play on the sentence. I thought our members were quick-witted - apparently not. Anyway, no big deal.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Did you read the articles? They pretty much say everything but "Hayden and Langer are a gay couple". Then Nnandon also posted this article (Jaques blown but still smiling) which makes it even more absurd.

And for the 2nd time, the title of the thread was supposed to be a play on the sentence. I thought our members were quick-witted - apparently not. Anyway, no big deal.
I think most are quick-witted enough to know that you posted a bollox title and are now trying to cover it up by saying it was deliberate, but like you say, no big deal.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: Anyone with any decent grasp of the English language knows that this title is incorrect. How on Earth you could think anyone would genuinely make that mistake is beyond me.

Unless, of course, your aim was ****stirring...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think most are quick-witted enough to know that you posted a bollox title and are now trying to cover it up by saying it was deliberate, but like you say, no big deal.
Not at all. I am secure enough in myself to admit when I make a mistake.

I mean, the likelihood that the title's faulty grammar actually make sense as a joke is more than a coincidence here.

:laugh: Anyone with any decent grasp of the English language knows that this title is incorrect. How on Earth you could think anyone would genuinely make that mistake is beyond me.

Unless, of course, your aim was ****stirring
It was.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Richard and Kazoholic posting in harmony.....it's good to heal. As Mrs Crane once said "Lay your hands on my chest my friend, I'm lactating."

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I may disagree with him lots on cricketing matters, but he at least is not one to post principally with the aim of causing trouble.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I may disagree with him lots on cricketing matters, but he at least is not one to post principally with the aim of causing trouble.
Tee hee. Excellent statement from the man who's posting of total nonsense is the cause of 99% of all trouble on the forum. If it's not intentional that just makes it funnier.:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: Missed that! :laugh:

First time you've been mistaken for an Indian, Gelman? Sheesh, enough to make you vomit. :p