• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's the Batsman?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He had a very unique stance at that time, and the helmet was fairly odd, so yes it's Willey, not sure who is at the other end, maybe Geoff Cook.

Bowler possibly Pocock, which would make the 'keeperJack Richards, this is total guesswork though.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't take it in the wrong way mate. I was curious to find more info about this picture. That's why the question. Btw, Thank you so much for the answer
The only reference you need is bloke on CW who's watched county cricket for 40+ years

critrack

Cricket Spectator

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The bowler in this picture looks a bit like Dutchy Holland. The sweater looks like it might be an Australian one as well, but it's hard to say for sure. Same with the keeper's cap. Could it be a tour game from the 85 Ashes, I wonder?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The bowler in this picture looks a bit like Dutchy Holland. The sweater looks like it might be an Australian one as well, but it's hard to say for sure. Same with the keeper's cap. Could it be a tour game from the 85 Ashes, I wonder?
Could be this match, with no slips it's gotta be a one-day match, could be Gatting at the other end, before he was fat.