• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you have?

Retox

State Vice-Captain
If you could pick one player (current) to play for your country who would it be? remember if they are 35 they will only have 1-2 seasons with you.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seeing as how New Zealand lacks some decent top order batsman, I'll opt for Alistair Cook. Definitely has a big future infront of him.

Amrutha

Cricket Spectator
Seeing as how New Zealand lacks some decent top order batsman, I'll opt for Alistair Cook. Definitely has a big future infront of him.
Is Cook good at playing in Aus/NZ conditions? How is his record in Aus/NZ?

Perm

Is Cook good at playing in Aus/NZ conditions? How is his record in Aus/NZ?
Seeing as how Australian conditions are completely irrelevant to what it is like here in New Zealand, I'm going to disregard that part of the question. As for his record in New Zealand, he has never played a game in our country. However, given how similar England and New Zealand conditions are in the fact they favour seam and swing bowling, I fully expect him to do well next year when he tours with England.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I'd be tempted to say Piyush Chawla or Mohammad Asif, but I'd probably go for a keeper-batsman. Kumar Sangakkara.

Perm

For England or Bangladesh?
Presumably England, as Mushfiqur Rahim looks more than a handy prospect for Bangladesh with both gloves and bat. I imagine there are many more players whom he would select to play for Bangladesh.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Presumably England, as Mushfiqur Rahim looks more than a handy prospect for Bangladesh with both gloves and bat. I imagine there are many more players whom he would select to play for Bangladesh.
I know, just like ribbing George about supporting Bangladesh TBH.

Is kinda depressing, nonetheless, the thought that Rahim > pretty much anyone in this country (including Davies) as a prospect at present tho! :blink: