• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who replaces Gilchrist

Matt79

Global Moderator
{QUOTE} You CANNOT replace Gilchrist {QUOTE}

True, but soon Australia is going to have to try. :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
James90 said:
Have you ever seen Hartley and/or Ronchi play? Don't think they should be mentioned in the same sentense tbh.
well no i haven't i'm judging on what they have done in domestic cricket & what i have read/heard about them.

C_C

International Captain
Matt79 said:
When Adam hangs up the gloves, presumably in the next couple of years, who is the heir apparent? Haddin seems to be the designated back up at the moment, but will that still be the case when it comes time to select a long term replacement?

Nobody.
You dont replace a Gillchrist, McGrath or Warne.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
C_C said:
Nobody.
You dont replace a Gillchrist, McGrath or Warne.
Now there's a novel idea, playing with no keeper. Guess it allows you to have one extra bowler.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
cameeel said:
Why no mention of Adam Crossthwaite?

I'd have him as the second most likely to succeed Gilchrist, behind Chris Hartley.
Guess the fact that he got dropped towards the end of last year means that a few people have written him off. However, he's only 21 and prodigiously talented.

Haddin

U19 Debutant
I am a huge fan of Ronchi, but he needs to be more consistant, otherwise, I think Haddin is the man for the job. There are a few others, like Tim Paine from Tasmania. And also, Ronchi only averages 50 because he has played about 10 first class matches, and thats very good, but he needs to keep it up.

howardj

International Coach
Haddin's the only 'keeper (besides Gilchrist, obviously) who has made Australia's list of 25 contracted players - announced today. So, I guess that gives an insight into the thinking of the selectors, at least in the short term.

Craig

World Traveller
andyc said:
Now there's a novel idea, playing with no keeper. Guess it allows you to have one extra bowler.
Or an extra batsman.

And Langer can keep wicket.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
Haddin's the only 'keeper (besides Gilchrist, obviously) who has made Australia's list of 25 contracted players - announced today. So, I guess that gives an insight into the thinking of the selectors, at least in the short term.
well thats not surprising since no young Keeper as step up the mark with big performances, but for Australia's sake Ronchi or Hartely within the next 2-3 season need a big season with both bat & gloves..