• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is this Fidel Edwards?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A knock of 319 in the qualifying tourney for the Carib is about par with Edwards' performance. Both have had good success at a level below FC cricket. Remember that Mali Richards' triple century is not an FC century.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A knock of 319 in the qualifying tourney for the Carib is about par with Edwards' performance. Both have had good success at a level below FC cricket. Remember that Mali Richards' triple century is not an FC century.
It wasn't meant as a serious suggestion (but then again, it's about as logical as the current selecion process)

chris.hinton

International Captain
I think that it could be a good selection? you dont have to play 100 matches before you are good enough for the test side? Remember Tendulkar played for india whilist only appearing for Bombay twice prior to that

Mr Mxyzptlk

chris.hinton said:
I think that it could be a good selection? you dont have to play 100 matches before you are good enough for the test side?
Yes, but how can the selectors tell if he's good enough for the Test side? By seeing him in a net session? In trial matches? As far as I know, he didn't play any serious regional youth cricket.
I'm somehow doubting that it will pay off. Bad stuff has happened today and I foresee more of the same for tomorrow.

Mr Mxyzptlk

He's bowled well so far. He certainly does look like the offspring of Waqar and Jeff Thompson and has some zippy pace (88-90mph).

Atapattu was dropped of the 5th ball of his first over but he got Jayawaredene brilliantly caught by Gayle at slip right before lunch.

SL 3 down.....

Rich2001

International Captain
He looks ok from the very lunch time highlights, however does anyone else feel his bowling arm is rather low? he seems to bowl from about 1 - 2 o clock

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think hes got a very good bowling action, and it shouldnt be altered, apart from the fact that he should be delivering from 12 o clock and not 2 o clock

Rich2001

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
I think hes got a very good bowling action, and it shouldnt be altered, apart from the fact that he should be delivering from 12 o clock and not 2 o clock
Oh yeah not saying his action is bad, just his arm seems to low at the momment.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
85.4 Edwards to Nissanka, OUT: five wickets on debut! good length delivery outside the off stump, Nissanka plays at it and ends up edging it straight to Gayle at second slip, it's all over

Sri Lanka 208/10, Partnership of 0
RAP Nissanka c Gayle b Edwards 0 (2b 0x4 0x6)
WPUJC Vaas 12* (80b 1x4) FH Edwards 15.4-1-36-5 (1w)

Well...