• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the second best SLA bowler playing right now?

Who is the Second Best SLA bowler playing right now

• Ainsley Ndlovu (ZIM)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ajaz Patel (NZ)

• Jomel Warrican (WI)

• Mitch Santner (NZ)

• Nauman Ali (PAK)

• Shahbaz Nadeem (IND)

• Sharafuddin Ashraf (AFG)

• Taijul Islam (BD)

• Zafar Gohar (PAK)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cnerd123

likes this
Test cricket only, assuming Jadeja is #1. All names in the poll have played/are playing in their country's most recent Test series, except for Ajaz Patel, who I've only included so that the Kiwis don't feel forced to vote for Santner.

It's probably Shakib, but on current form Maharaj is worth a shout. Embuldeniya and Nauman bowling pretty well too.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
jeez that's a real rogue's gallery of mediocrity in that poll tbh

everyone on that list bar shakib, elgar, and maharaj has a one way ticket to the let's remember some guys thread for 2027 cricket web

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Love Dean Elgar being an option

In reality it's Jadeja and Maharaj occupying the top two places, but Leach should also be in the conversation. Underrated bowler

Bahseph

State Captain
I was a little trigger happy going for Keshav. But it's close between him and Shakib for me. I prefer to watch Keshav's style of bowling. Shakib looks ungainly but no one can doubt his effectiveness.

cnerd123

likes this
Shakib's got the best career record, Keshav has the best aesthetics. Lasith carried the SL attack which dulled his effectiveness a bit. Leach has potential but didn't really find rhythm till the end of the SL tour and we haven't seen him bowl this Test yet. His career record isn't great compared to the others either.

Taijul in peak form would be in contention. Jomel and Nauman have looked steady, could do a job in the CPL.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OP’s assumption is plainly wrong. The premier SLA bowler in the world just won the BBL title and will now go on a seven month bender. Take a bow SOK.

SillyCowCorner1

Unrelated but why not say this here so I can come back in 2025 and quote this post.

Ashmead Nedd and Gudakesh Motie-Kanhai to be top SLAs in test cricket.

(That’s only if West Indies give them their fair chance)

TheJediBrah

SOK. Disregarding that he isn't currently playing Test cricket cause he should be and would have 500 test wickets by now with friendlier selectors