• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best Indian spinner?

Best?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

sunilz

International Regular
Biggest match winner is Ashwin.
Better spinner is between Prasanna/Chandrasekhar

Shady Slim

International Coach
kumble, but i do feel part of this comes from a place of, i have a lot of respect for leg spinners and none for right arm off spinners as a discipline (the nerds of the game)

you're better off bowling ricky ponting 80kmh straight breaks than bowling offies in that regard imho

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty close between ashwin kumble and Chandra. Ashwin has done better in overseas conditions recently than I thought he was capable of and dominates at home but has also had the fortune of getting the friendliest home conditions of the 3. Kumble overall longevity still gives him the best career. And Chandra will always be a favourite because of his iconic overseas performances. Bedi also was great and shouldn't be overlooked, had a seriously good overseas record for a spinner.

Voted ashwin because he's smacked the haterz down really hard over the last few years.

Slifer

International Captain
Ashwin. Very very impressed with his massive improvements outside of Asia. Pity he doesn't have better fielders...

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
kumble, but i do feel part of this comes from a place of, i have a lot of respect for leg spinners and none for right arm off spinners as a discipline (the nerds of the game)

you're better off bowling ricky ponting 80kmh straight breaks than bowling offies in that regard imho
Burgey much?

Offies definitely have their use. Try them next time you're up against a left handed batsman

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Nah. The answer is Jadeja here too, just like every other thread.

Ftr was surprised that the number one in the top 30 batsmen thread wasn't Jadeja.
It would have been if it was done post-2015 when he's in the top ~15 or something of averages for batsmen with >1,000+ runs (I jest of course, he doesn't have enough runs/hundreds etc on the board but still)

Edit: Actually might be top 10...There are just 3-4 players averaging 50+, and then there's a considerable drop off and Jadeja is at 44 or so.