• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is Pakistan's greatest test batsman?

Who is Pakistan's greatest test batsman?

• Total voters

Bijed

International Regular
I get that he isn't the best, but I have a soft spot for Inzi. Amongst all of the run outs and general calamitous play, he could bat with supreme elegance. Great player to watch (especially when you add in the funny stuff as well).
Haha yeah, he's one of my favourite players just for the funny run outs and that - falling on his stumps after being hit by Monty Panesar was a definite highlight

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
miandad was a huge asshole and he had a ton of "help" from shakoor rana and khizhar hayat at home but he was still an extremely effective batsman the world over....

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Miandad was a genuinely great batsman, possibly only behind Viv and Greg Chappell for a period. I don't know him personally but on the field he came across as a wretched sportsman and colossal prat.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Miandad was a genuinely great batsman, possibly only behind Viv and Greg Chappell for a period. I don't know him personally but on the field he came across as a wretched sportsman and colossal prat.
Gavaskar was around for the period where Richards and Chappell overlapped. And Border too for most of it.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Pioneering batsman. Apart from that, he averaged low 40s and scored a marathon triple ton on a road saving a match. Not sure he had enough on his resume apart from being the first great Pakistan batsman.

Adam19

Banned
I think it's fair to say that Miandad played in an era of quality fast bowling. There was a lot of talk about Miandad not being given out LBW in Pakistan though lol. It's difficult to compare across eras, but I guess Younis is right up there. It was a delight to watch him play spin. He handled even Murali with some success. It's really between him and Miandad.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Between 1976 -1993
5 batsmen avgd 50+ ( minimum 3000 runs )
Chappell - 54.97 highest
Miandad - 52 57 2nd highest

Between 2000- 17
20 batsmen avgd 50+
Smith - 63.55
Younis - 52.05 16th highest

Between 1992-17
12 batsmen avgd 50+
Ponting -58.73 highest
Inzy - 49.6 13th highest

Between 1952-69 ( only 18 batsmen managed to get 3000 runs in this period )
2 batsmen avgd 50+
Sobers - 58.92 highest
Hanif - 43.98 11th highest

Minimum 2000 runs
4 batsmen avgd 50+
Walcott - 64.66 highest ( 2910 runs)
Hanif - 43.98 20th highest

Between 1969 - 1985
5 batsmen avgd 50+
Miandad - 56.91 highest
Abbas - 44.79 13th highest

Between 1998 - 2010