• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is gonna win the Sept 19th clash???

wahindiawah

Banned
Fraz--- Just one question, why don't you just stick to cricket??

All the incident you mentioned, i wasn't part of them, so why drag me into it?

I might have bashed Pak pacers on numerous occasions,but i have reasons to do that.Since two years(that i have been using this site) i have been hearing tales of the greatness of Pak pacers, but in reality the kind of success they achieved on battleground isn't more than the success American got in finding WMD in iraq!

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
RealPk said:
Link: http://cricket.123india.com/news/losses.html

Pakistani bowlers, especially Shabbir Ahmed, made use of the early morning conditions, pegging back our batsmen. Yuvraj Singh played a matured knock, well-supported by the lower order batsmen.

You dont know what Shabbir has done for Pakistan in the recent past esspecially against India? Ok, i show you more!

Then look for example at the Match in the Videoceon Cup in Amsterdam. There he also took a wicket with good figures...

Or for example in the Samsung Cup:
There he also took very important wickets...Just watch the scorecard of the Samsung cup ODIs...
He is a very important player for the pakistani bowling line up.
Dude...he got screwed in three of the four games of that very same series. Combined figures of 26-0-183-2. Of course, the link you provided was to the only game in which he bowled well.

Look, I'm not trying to say Shabbir is a completely useless bowler; he's just not as important to Pakistan as Sachin is to India.

FRAZ

International Captain
My dear friend . I am the one who was sticking up to cricket in a good way . I dont think that using an abusive language and then dissing the other players and countries means cricket . ok let me give you an idea of how many times on the first page of cricket chat pakistani players have been mentioned .
Pakistan is also a cricket team I guess and here people try to talk about their performances , Are you getting any sort of problem with that my friend .

Sticky: Devil Ducky's Diary ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
luckyeddie Today 06:02 PM
by Mr Mxyzptlk 445 7,089
Sticky: Thread Closures/Moderator Complaints
Neil Pickup 09-10-2004 02:13 PM
by Neil Pickup 0 110
Sticky: Cricketweb ODI Rankings ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Bazza 09-06-2004 03:50 AM
by Bazza 111 3,762
Sticky: CW Test Rankings - UPDATED 15.08.04 (Aus-SL and SL-SA) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Neil Pickup 08-16-2004 11:09 PM
by James 121 4,267
Sticky: All Members Please Read
Rich2001 04-05-2004 09:09 AM
by Rich2001 0 573
Rest of India v Mumbai
Spetsnatz Today 09:53 PM
by Raj123 4 29
Ricky Ponting... ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Zeke Today 08:41 PM
by Nnanden 175 1,810
players Who You Thought WOULDN'T Make It............. ( 1 2 3 4 )
Top_Cat Today 05:58 PM
by Voltman 51 668
Here's an idea for Englands ODI squad!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
one_dayer Today 05:48 PM
by marc71178 215 1,791
MacGill must tour India - Ganguly ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Craig Today 05:32 PM
by marc71178 80 1,092
Players Who You Predicted Would Be Great................ ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
Top_Cat Today 05:31 PM
by marc71178 63 836
Howz dinesh karthik? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
la28 Today 05:25 PM
by marc71178 61 911
The ICC Fair Play Award ( 1 2 )
Tim Today 04:43 PM
by Son Of Coco 17 297
Worst Current Fielder? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
Waughney Today 04:17 PM
by Legglancer 73 809
ICC Awards tonight! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
gio Today 03:09 PM
by Langeveldt 130 1,952
Zeke's Official Banner Thread! ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
Zeke Today 03:02 PM
by Bouncer 68 908
The beast of Ambush marketing ( 1 2 3 )
Langeveldt Today 01:58 PM
by Langeveldt 37 312
Kingsclere Kricket Klan
Kenway1 Today 01:42 PM
by sledger 5 81
Can you beat for the cricket guru title? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Pratyush Today 01:15 PM
by Jamee999 1,190 15,676
Agnew: Champions Trophy should become Twenty20 tournament ( 1 2 3 )
pskov Today 08:39 AM
by Swervy 37 401
Time to drop Shoaib Akhtar? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
pakster Today 07:09 AM
by Muddaser 69 885
bring back alex tudor!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
sledger Today 05:30 AM
by Richard 88 958
Moin khan should just go!
Choora Today 05:25 AM
by Nnanden 9 178
*Congratulations* Brian Lara 10,000 Test Runs! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
lord_of_darkness Today 05:11 AM
by Richard 251 3,470
Wisden's Greatest Post War England XI ( 1 2 3 )
a massive zebra Today 04:10 AM
by Richard 33 393
the world XI's ( 1 2 )
nibbs Today 03:54 AM
by Richard 17 315
Mark Nicholas ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
a massive zebra Today 03:30 AM
by Richard 113 1,799
Are the other teams catching up to the Aussies or what ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
FRAZ Yesterday 07:52 PM
by tooextracool 123 1,488
Poll: If you were to become an international cricketer then what kind of ? ( 1 2 3 )
FRAZ Yesterday 07:04 PM
by FRAZ 44 614
Brad Haddin ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
ash chaulk

Now lets see . The first page and how many times any one has mentioned any Pakistani pacer here . Hmmm there is a thread about Mubai vs rest of India , Hows dinesh Kartik and There is a thread about Australian tour of India .
If you still think that India is not getting enough space here then what else I can do .
And if you think that ICC should revoke the Pakistan cricket licence then you gotta talk with them . my friend .
And will you plzz put up a picture of yours in the signature . Juz wanna see you my friend .... thanx

Bouncer

State Regular
wahindiawah said:
Fraz--- Just one question, why don't you just stick to cricket??

All the incident you mentioned, i wasn't part of them, so why drag me into it?

I might have bashed Pak pacers on numerous occasions,but i have reasons to do that.Since two years(that i have been using this site) i have been hearing tales of the greatness of Pak pacers, but in reality the kind of success they achieved on battleground isn't more than the success American got in finding WMD in iraq!
What exactly is ur definition of success?

lets see what pakistani pacers have done,

Shoiab akhter since 2001:

Summer 2002: Against Aus at Gabba 5/25

May 2002: against NZ at Karachi ODI,6/16 then against NZ in lahore test 6/11

October 2002: In next test match against Aus turned the game around in second innings, 5/21, Mark waugh, Gilchrist, Ponting CLean bowled...Warne and Steve Waugh LBW.

10 wickets against B'dash.....I have a feeling that u r going to comment on only this.

Lahore against SA, match winning bowling in second inning....at same vanue 4/45 in ODI

Dec 2004 In NZ 6/30....5/48.....sigle handedly destroyed NZ.

If akhter is as Crappy as u think then how come he is the best strike rate holder in history of ODIs?

and i know this wouldnt shut u up coz in my experience Logic/ or cricket sense dosnt beat patriotisim in ur case.

Last edited:

wahindiawah

Banned
LOL Why do you keep posting links of other threads???

I won't put up my pic coz i think u r an ISI agent, who will avenge (all the heated exchange on thread) by brutalising me in making me watch the 17 ball over of M SAMI....Just a joke :D

Bouncer

State Regular
^^ to give a proof of what he is saying, now lets see if u can give proof of Zaheer khan, Irfan, Nehra and Balaji, being better Bolwers than pakistani pacers.

wahindiawah

Banned
Bouncer said:

You initially said Pak pacerS yet just talked about one guy, why? Coz others are worth talking about,right???

I have said that Indian pacers are better than Pak pacers with the exception of a determined Akhter.The performances that you mentioned were the one in which Akhter was playing with determination, i admit that.
Unfortunately that haven't been the case since some time now.

And please don't talk about patriotism, i'm not being blinded by patriotism
atall.

Bouncer

State Regular
wahindiawah said:
You initially said Pak pacerS yet just talked about one guy, why? Coz others are worth talking about,right???

I have said that Indian pacers are better than Pak pacers with the exception of a determined Akhter.The performances that you mentioned were the one in which Akhter was playing with determination, i admit that.
atall.
Coz i thought akhter was biggest disappointment for you in pakistani pace attack...
I atleats can try to talk with some facts....i have nt seen any fact that supports ur claims India being better team than Pak or Indian pacers being better than pakistani pacers.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
wahindiawah said:

atall.

Yea, but your being blinded by spelling errors!! Its very rude of you to ignore it when I am just trying to help ya bro... especially when you use the word so much!!

AKHTAR. with an 'a'

FRAZ

International Captain
Bouncer said:

Summer 2002: Against Aus at Gabba 5/25

May 2002: against NZ at Karachi ODI,6/16 then against NZ in lahore test 6/11

October 2002: In next test match against Aus turned the game around in second innings, 5/21, Mark waugh, Gilchrist, Ponting CLean bowled...Warne and Steve Waugh LBW.

10 wickets against B'dash.....I have a feeling that u r going to comment on only this.

Lahore against SA, match winning bowling in second inning....at same vanue 4/45 in ODI

Dec 2004 In NZ 6/30....5/48.....sigle handedly destroyed NZ.

If akhter is as Crappy as u think then how come he is the best strike rate holder in history of ODIs?

and i know this wouldnt shut u up coz in my experience Logic/ or cricket sense dosnt beat patriotisim in ur case.
Very well said Bouncer !!

Deja moo

International Captain
I dont see what the argument is all about. I thought a blind monkey woul be able to agree that Sami , Shoaib Akhtar , Razzaq ,are more a better pace attack than Balaji , Zaheer and Pathan , given that Zaheer seems to have gone downhill and Balaji is following in AA's footsteps by being inconsistent. When was the last time we had a fully functioning pace unit ? ( I guess the 2003WC , but then they turned around and gave the fans a kick in the nuts in the final , didnt they ?)

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
^
^
^
Exactly what he said. When comparing Indian pacers to Pakistani ones, we seem to be comparing "high expectation" (ours) and "high potential" (in our own assessment) with the perhaps lower reality of Pakistani pacers.

If I had to pick pacers for a team, India and Pakistan wouldn't be where I'd be recruiting. That being said, if there was a choice between the two, I'd go with Pakistan simply because they have a bird in hand, as opposed to the numerous birds that India has in the oven...erm, or something like that.

bottom line: no comparison

Bouncer

State Regular
Here is what various people have asked Wahindiawah and lets see his responses.
to give a proof of what he is saying, now lets see if u can give proof of Zaheer khan, Irfan, Nehra and Balaji, being better Bolwers than pakistani pacers.
No response yet 8-) :
.i have nt seen any fact that supports ur claims India being better team than Pak or Indian pacers being better than pakistani pacers
No response yet 8-)
When was the last time we had a fully functioning pace unit ? ( I guess the 2003WC , but then they turned around and gave the fans a kick in the nuts in the final , didnt they ?)
No response yet 8-)
I'd go with Pakistan simply because they have a bird in hand, as opposed to the numerous birds that India has in the oven...erm, or something like that
No response yet 8-)
I dont remember a single occeasion when India took on pak when, Pak had a better batting line up or Pak was winning alot of matches for those oceasions India will always be hiding..They always wait till they think Pak is at most vulnerable to attack
No response yet 8-)
Debateable - Pakistan have better bowling, and the Indian batting is not performing.
No response yet 8-)

Wahindiawah, u must be waiting for the Next Pak India WC game to come back and reply all of these.:yawn:

Last edited:

Deja moo

International Captain
Bouncer said:
I dont remember a single occeasion when India took on pak when, Pak had a better batting line up or Pak was winning alot of matches for those oceasions India will always be hiding..They always wait till they think Pak is at most vulnerable to attack
Thats laughable .India playe Pak in the 80s when Pak was perhaps the number 2 ODI team. There were also numerous matches in the 90's. The only reason for not playing Pak a lot in the last 4 years or so was politics .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:
Yes indeed, the likes of Sami, Shabbir and Razzak are better than Khan,Pathan,Nehra and Balaji.

The exception is Akhter,but then he's too non-serious cricketer to be taken seriously!

I wouldn't mind betting about 90% of neutrals would rather have Sami, Shabbir, Razzaq and Shoaib in their team.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:
Isn't it a pity that from being one of the best in world, Akhter is now being regarded as just a dangerous bowler??

I don't think he means dangerous physically, more dangerous to the team's chances.

If on song and hyped up, he can destroy ANY top order (and lets face it, you'd think he's likely to be fired up for this one)

Raj123

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
I wouldn't mind betting about 90% of neutrals would rather have Sami, Shabbir, Razzaq and Shoaib in their team.
sami - 25.20 31.2 4.83
zaheer - 26.86 33.0 4.87
there isnt much diference there

shabbir - 36.93 51.1 4.33
ajit - 28.09 32.8 5.13
ones economical other has a better sr which sort of does the same thing

razzaq - 28.48 38.2 4.47
singh - 27.80 40.8 4.08
harbhajan is a bit economical but there isnt much in it

just for the sake of completion (not going to kid myself about shoaib)
shoaib - 22.45 29.4 4.57
pathan - 25.88 30.7 5.04

if each team got to bowl 4 overs (one each) pak attack gives away 18 and the indian 19 runs.
if each team had to take 4 wickets (one each) pak attack would require 150 balls and the indian 137

not saying indians have a better attack, but with the exception of shoaib there is nothing between the two attacks. so if anyone thinks other than shoaib indians are just as strong i think its justified.

FRAZ

International Captain
^can you also write down the number of wickets and the man of the match awards and can you plzz do a little more research by checking their complete on tour record and the wisden verdict on them and their pwc rating fluctuation . Thanx a lot sir .

Last edited:

Raj123

U19 Debutant
FRAZ said:
^can you also write down the number of wickets and the man of the match awards and can you plzz do a little more research by checking their complete on tour record and the wisden verdict on them and their pwc rating fluctuation . Thanx a lot sir .
thats what i think. if you think otherwise let me know about the stats you are talking about (if you would care to).

Bouncer

State Regular
Raj123 said:
if each team had to take 4 wickets (one each) pak attack would require 150 balls and the indian 137
dude i hope u understand punjabi, coz i wanna tell u Fittay Moun Teerra...okay lets ask the Non Indian-Pakistani people if they agree with this panetrativeness of Indian bowling attack, Past or present.