• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is gonna win the Sept 19th clash???

wahindiawah

Banned
biased indian said:
Team that wins the toss will win the game

How so?? Do you mean to say that the performances of teams doesn't count much??

I think India certainly have a much better chance of winning the match, simply coz they have a superior team.

biased indian

International Coach
wahindiawah said:

I think India certainly have a much better chance of winning the match, simply coz they have a superior team.
pls when u quote ,quote the whole comment :@ :@
what i said was that its a 50-50 game and winningthe toss is a 50-50 thing so i just said it that way :p :p

wahindiawah

Banned
FRAZ said:
Well as predicted . In the end one solution comes up . "Diss the hell out of Pakistani players , as much as possible " . Go right then left then up then right . twist your post rap it up with some sugar and infact a poison and then present it ..... Awwww . No reality , no nothing , Being patriotic is what I really really admire but being patriotic in this case means diss and point out the Pakistan . Pakistan and India have benn neck to neck through out the history infact Pakistan have won more tests and one dayers which is a reality but it does ' t also mean that India is bad . India is an excellent team with some excellent players and currently better than Pakistan and infact this is one of the few times they are better . And I hate this dumb word " We dont need ......" and then a diss and indirect diss upon a Pakistani player . Pathetic Pathetic . You know what its ordinary extremely ordinary . i talked about the reality and still some guy predeictibly extracted sarcasm out of it . I think remedy is the match and its result . Awwwwwww god save me from these so called pre match dissing sugar coated poisnous expert views ....... ahhh god my lord . give us some understanding plz. It will be pathetic if some one even tries to get some sarcasm out of this post of mine . On one hand they say these coutries should have been together and on the other side these killer comments are abundent and from both sides and per square kilometer wise then more from India ........

Do i need to remind you that this is a cricket forum and NOT a political/Patriotic one!!!

I can't understand as to why Pakistanis get upset when i say that India doesn't need Pak pacers. Its time for ur neighbours to accept the reality. Waseem and Younis are long gone, currently Pak doesn't have any great pacer.
Which team would like to get into the match with a bowler who has not even won the confidence of his captain( you can read Inzi's remarks on Akhter and Sami!!!!)? wouldn't one opt for bowlers who has shown the courage to perform at their arch rivals own backyard?? The whole world knows how Pathan and Balaji rocked Pakistani team in Pak, and how pak's own so called great bowlers were taken to the cleaners by Indian batsmen.

If Sami is in the team then its simply coz Pak doesn't have good young prospect comming up.Today India is blessed with high number of young fast bowlers, so if one get injured (like say Khan) then another one replace him with ease (Pathan).
Pacers like Salvi,Bhandari & Munaf can't get a place in national squad , its like an embaressment of riches.

I would like Pak to come up with their own version of Pathans and Zaheer's, i think the need of the day is "quality fast bowler" for Pak , rather than just "raw wayward speed"!

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
wahindiawah said:
I would like Pak to come up with their own version of Pathans and Zaheer's, i think the need of the day is "quality fast bowler" for Pak , rather than just "raw wayward speed"!
Hmmm....hold it mate, Zaheer and Pathan haven't reached a level where someone else should start modeling themselves on these two. Don't overreach yourself in criticizing the Pakistani pacers because on his day, Shoaib Akhtar is the most dangerous fast bowler on the planet and I don't think the same can be said about any of the two Indian blokes you mentioned.He needs to change his attitude and be more committed, that's all.

Bouncer

State Regular
wahindiawah said:

India has always had superior batting line up ovar Pak.....but how come they havent won as many matches as Supperior is their batting.?

I dont remember a single occeasion when India took on pak when, Pak had a better batting line up or Pak was winning alot of matches for those oceasions India will always be hiding..They always wait till they think Pak is at most vulnerable to attack

Bouncer

State Regular
aussie_beater said:
Hmmm....hold it mate, Zaheer and Pathan haven't reached a level where someone else should start modeling themselves on these two. Don't overreach yourself in criticizing the Pakistani pacers because on his day, Shoaib Akhtar is the most dangerous fast bowler on the planet and I don't think the same can be said about any of the two Indian blokes you mentioned.He needs to change his attitude and be more committed, that's all.
No reply to ur thread yet......like you i am waiting to see a response ltoo

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
wahindiawah said:

You clearly don't have too much experience of English conditions on September mornings.

The white ball zips around like anything, and whoever fields first has a huge advantage, as they're highly likely to take three or four early cheap wickets before batting conditions ease.

As for vast superiority, how come it's 4-4 over the last 8 meetings, then?

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Bouncer said:
I dont remember a single occeasion when India took on pak when, Pak had a better batting line up or Pak was winning alot of matches for those oceasions India will always be hiding..They always wait till they think Pak is at most vulnerable to attack
I don't ever agree with that assumption. Its just one of those things which is a result of people trying to come up with their own reasons about why India-Pak cricket dried up so dramatically from what it used to be earlier. And this one comes from the fact that Pak was winning most of the time and then the matches stopped, and so Pak fans gave the reason that India stopped playing because it got scared. I think the reasons are simply political, and this isn't the right forum to go over all that.

India used to play Pak quite often when it was perhaps the best ODI team around in the early 90s or even the late 80s.All matches were being played with both the teams being at their full strength, and India would lose most of the time ofcourse, but that pretty much debunks your claim that India never played Pak when it was at its full strength.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:

Debateable - Pakistan have better bowling, and the Indian batting is not performing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:
I can't understand as to why Pakistanis get upset when i say that India doesn't need Pak pacers. Its time for ur neighbours to accept the reality. Waseem and Younis are long gone, currently Pak doesn't have any great pacer.

Yet they still have better ones than India.

wahindiawah

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
You clearly don't have too much experience of English conditions on September mornings.

The white ball zips around like anything, and whoever fields first has a huge advantage, as they're highly likely to take three or four early cheap wickets before batting conditions ease.

As for vast superiority, how come it's 4-4 over the last 8 meetings, then?
Well thankfully for India, i won't be playing for them so my inexperiance wont hurt them.

AS for the 4 all record, India wen't though a bad patch after the Pak series (prob Pak Pres Musharaff cast an evil spell on India..LOL) but hopefully the bad patch is over.

wahindiawah

Banned
marc71178 said:

Yes indeed, the likes of Sami, Shabbir and Razzak are better than Khan,Pathan,Nehra and Balaji.

The exception is Akhter,but then he's too non-serious cricketer to be taken seriously!

wahindiawah

Banned
Bouncer said:
India has always had superior batting line up ovar Pak.....but how come they havent won as many matches as Supperior is their batting.?
[/URL]

Thats because batting alone doesn't win matches for a team.In 80's and 90's Indian bowling use to suxs, there simply wasn't bowlers to take 20 wkts,so what result did you expect?

SL too had a strong batting line since a long time, but they had to wait till the arrival of Muralitharan to secure them victories.Likewise India had to wait till the arrival of current bowlers (pathan,khan,Balaji,Nehra.etc) to achieve victories.(an example being series against Aus and Pak)

wahindiawah

Banned
aussie_beater said:
Shoaib Akhtar is the most dangerous fast bowler on the planet and I don't think the same can be said about any of the two Indian blokes you mentioned.He needs to change his attitude and be more committed, that's all.

Isn't it a pity that from being one of the best in world, Akhter is now being regarded as just a dangerous bowler?? Certainly something is missing, consistency is missing.Now whether it is his attitude or commitment,untill he doesn't do something about it, people will stop taking him seriously

Bouncer

State Regular
marc71178 said:
since wahindiawah hasnt replied to you so based on his cricketing sence, i'll try to type his answer

U r only saying this bcoz u r probably pakistani, thats why u think that Your Poor Fast bowlers can win you more matches than our Indian pacers.....

:ph34r:

Last edited:

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
wahindiawah said:
Likewise India had to wait till the arrival of current bowlers (pathan,khan,Balaji,Nehra.etc) to achieve victories.(an example being series against Aus and Pak)
when did khan,Balaji,pathan and Nehra help India win a series against Aus ? I thought that was Bhajji who won the series for India last time around.And as for the series against Pak, I think Kumble was the main wicket taker and Pathan and Balaji discharged their duties honourably.where does Khan figure in all this ? Look the point is, these Indian pacers are yet to make it big in any sense of the term whatsoever.They are young and have potential.Maybe they will become good and that remains to be seen, but to say that they are way better then the Pak pacers is just pure nonsense.

wahindiawah

Banned
aussie_beater said:
when did khan,Balaji,pathan and Nehra help India win a series against Aus ? I thought that was Bhajji who won the series for India last time around.And as for the series against Pak, I think Kumble was the main wicket taker and Pathan and Balaji discharged their duties honourably.where does Khan figure in all this ? Look the point is, these Indian pacers are yet to make it big in any sense of the term whatsoever.They are young and have potential.Maybe they will become good and that remains to be seen, but to say that they are way better then the Pak pacers is just pure nonsense.
No India didn't win the series against Aus (played in Aus)but they drew the series and for me it was a big achievement.

I didn't said that Pathan and Balaji won the series for India singlehandedly.They played their roles very well and kept getting the wkts.Kumble was the main wicket taker but he was ably supported by the pacer(this was something that didn't use to happen in past).

I'm not saying that Pathan & co are the very best in world, but i feel that they are much better than their Pakistani counterpart (exception being a determined Akhter--something which is very rare)

wahindiawah

Banned
Bouncer said:
since wahindiawah hasnt replied to you so based on his cricketing sence, i'll try to type his answer

U r only saying this bcoz u r probably pakistani, thats why u think that Your Poor Fast bowlers can win you more matches than our Indian pacers.....

:ph34r:
No i know that, that guy is an Englishmen, as i know that Pakistanis are smart and deep down they know that their pacers might win an odd match for them but mostly they bring suffering and humiliation for their team :p :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
wahindiawah said:
No India didn't win the series against Aus (played in Aus)but they drew the series and for me it was a big achievement.

I didn't said that Pathan and Balaji won the series for India singlehandedly.They played their roles very well and kept getting the wkts.Kumble was the main wicket taker but he was ably supported by the pacer(this was something that didn't use to happen in past).

I'm not saying that Pathan & co are the very best in world, but i feel that they are much better than their Pakistani counterpart (exception being a determined Akhter--something which is very rare)
isnt it FOR THEM? :p

and bro, dont be an alex kumar, its akhtar and razzaq :)

FRAZ

International Captain
.Check my first post in this thread , I greeted you and with a deep respect started conversation and look where you ended up . You know what you are also gonna end up like a guy "Bhaji" here . Just try to check the first post in this forum . I just tried to give a friendly opinion about the match . Now this is just now today that I saw the above posts . and the guy must have been thinking that I got afraid of the "paper lion " .Hey man I got nothin to do with you .Enjoy your life . Be good . stay healthy and sane . Because you took me entirely wrong . If you talk about the family training and hospitality then do what ever you want to do , put up fires in the stands , throw bottles on the players , lol give expert comments about the other teams , dig up the pitches , give death threats to the players . I feel sorry man . But I will always be greeting you with a smile . cuz guys like you are"special " guys . I am from the community who greet the players by making flags of the both playing countries on their cheeks . Who dont throw stones but with loveful emotion chant the name "Balaji , Balaji ". Who love to watch the neighbours . If you still put out any sarcasm out of my post then what else I can say . You are "special" . I dont wanna be against you my friend . Its just the gesture and family training which makes the difference . I am not from a community who give the guests a glass of water and charge them 10 cents each

Last edited: