• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who has better Test pace bowling attack between India and Pakistan?

srbhkshk

International Captain
In fact, here's something interesting, I tried to keep adding years (so 2017 , 2016 and so on instead of 2018 in the table) and you will have to go back to 2002 for Pakistan's pace bowling average to be better than India's for Year X to Year Current time period.

sunilz

International Regular
In fact, here's something interesting, I tried to keep adding years (so 2017 , 2016 and so on instead of 2018 in the table) and you will have to go back to 2002 for Pakistan's pace bowling average to be better than India's for Year X to Year Current time period.
Bad luck/indiscipline issue.

Pace attack of Shoaib Akhtar, Asif and Aamir could have been excellent but it never materialised.

Ajmal has been the biggest match winner for Pak since retirement of Wasim, Waqar closely followed by Yasir/Shoaib imo.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very unsurprising for two reasons. Firstly, Pakistan's pace attack since the two Ws retired has almost always been worse than what people deludedly believe, and secondly, the UAE pitches and Pakistan's home pitches before exile were often brutal for pace bowlers.

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Don't get fooled by our performance on that trickiest of pitches. We couldn't buy a wicket in Australia and struggled mightily in NZL. Sure they've got potential but on actual results I'd say we've got the 5th, maybe even the 6th best attack. In no certain order you've got:

- Roach/Holder/Seales
- Southee/Wagner/KJ/Boult
- Bumrah/Ishant/Shami/Siraj/Bhuvi/Thakur
- Cummins/Haze/Starc
- Nortje/Rabada/Ngidi
- Anderson/Robinson/Broad/Wood

Out of these attacks, I have a hard time saying I'd comfortably take Shaheen/Abbas/Hasan/Faheem over anyone except maybe England. This convo would be different if Abbas wasn't seemingly past it and if I didn't believe that Hasan's form is a mirage.

Would be extremely happy to be proven wrong.
Like how you included robinson but left out archer

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Abbas looked toothless in South Africa. Shaheen is good though. Hassan doesn't looks anything special.
They got outbowled by a WI pace attack almost.

Currently Indian attack is only comparable to Australian one.

smash84

The Tiger King
This shouldn't even be a question for anybody following cricket recently.

It's India, and it's not even close.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have to say, Faheem Ashraf is a handful with the ball. A good wicket to wicket bowler.

I wouldn’t be surprised if at some time during this WTC cycle he becomes the #1 test all rounder in the world.