• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which was a greater series victory - India in Australia in 2021 or Sri Lanka in South Africa in 2019?

Greater Series Victory

• India in Australia 2021

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • SL in SA 2019

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, and my point is, it's still the greatest England series win in my lifetime despite the fact we went in with a pretty good chance of winning.

The rarity of winning in Australia and the margin of victory matters more.
Obviously winning the Ashes away was a big deal, but that India win was just as much of a landmark moment. A decade later and that's still India's most recent home series loss to anyone. Australia drop Tests at home to net bowlers these days.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It's bloody subjective TBH.

SL Needed the greatest test innings by a batsman to win the series, so it might not happen again for a long time.

subshakerz

International Coach
Yeah, and my point is, it's still the greatest England series win in my lifetime despite the fact we went in with a pretty good chance of winning.

The rarity of winning in Australia and the margin of victory matters more.
Three innings victories is legendary.

Actually, I almost rate it as high as India in Australia in 2021.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
Would say BGT 2021 was slightly bigger, for some reasons. Firstly by the team the series had reached Gabba, India had a massively lower chance to win than SL had at any point during the 2018 SA tour, since the gulf between Ind and Aus in that match was much bigger than the gulf between SA and SL in 2018, Aus was unbeaten at Gabba for a long time, Ind was depleted with injuries so they would have been mentally weak as well. Secondly, Ind came back from losing the first match and getting bowled out for 36 only, so to win a series with a side that got weaker and weaker with each match was remarkable. Thirdly, four tests in BGT vs only two in SA tour. Fourthly, in the case of BGT 2021, it was truly a team effort, since if you individually look at the stats of the Indian players, they are not very impressive, Aus’s best batter and bowler were clearly ahead of India’s respective best players. In case of SA vs SL, Kusal Perera was clearly the biggest reason why SL won, with some other important contributors as well like V Fernando,