• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which teams will lose to Afghanistan in the World Cup?

Ahmad Zahir

Banned
I think these teams will lose to Afghanistan in the World Cup:

WI
SL
SA/NZ

I think one of South Africa or New Zealand will lose to them as they are quite weak against the spin and Mujeeb and Rashid are probably the best spin duo in cricket atm. Pakistan will somehow defeat them as they have players who are good against spin. WI and SL are a lock to lose against them. Bangladesh will also be able to defeat them somehow. England could be at a risk as well and I think Australia will breeze through them if Smith and Warner are back in the side which they will probably.

andmark

International Captain
I expect the wickets will be very flat given English ODI pitches in recent years, meaning Rashid Khan's spin should be less effective than it otherwise might have been. That said, I could see them beating SL and maybe randomly beating a team like Aus or SA.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Their batting is still fairly pants, I expect them to be a good position every other game and then mostly keel over for sub par scores. They'll probably jemmy out one game where they only have to beat 200, most likely against the West Indies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Their batting is still fairly pants, I expect them to be a good position every other game and then mostly keel over for sub par scores. They'll probably jemmy out one game where they only have to beat 200, most likely against the West Indies.
They'll most likely win defending and not chasing imho. Bundle some team out for like 119.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I'd back them to win against Windies, Bangas and SL at least.

Wouldn't worry about the wickets too much, Rashid seems to be able to turn it square on flat pitches in BBL last couple of years.

Ahmad Zahir

Banned
I thought Rashid and Mujeeb bowled pretty well in T20 Blast along with Zahir Khan. They can play 3 spinners too along with one of Zadrans. Aftab is mediocre.

Ahmad Zahir

Banned
I think their lineup will be:

Shahzad
Zazai
Rahmat
Asghar Afghan
Shahidi
Nabi
Najib/Naib
Rashid
Dawlat/Shapoor
Zahir
Mujeeb

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Bangla
Windies.

IMO Sri Lanka will play better in the WC than most here expect.

Afghanistan's best chance is to bat first score 250+ runs. Their bowling can do the rest.

Ahmad Zahir

Banned
I don’t think anyone plays buzkashi now? It was more of Afghan Royal game. Many people might be thinking I am Afghan but I am not. I have studied Afghan history after watching Kite Runner

smash84

The Tiger King
Bangla
Windies.

IMO Sri Lanka will play better in the WC than most here expect.

Afghanistan's best chance is to bat first score 250+ runs. Their bowling can do the rest.
I doubt they will beat bangers. Bangers have become a fairly solid ODI side. They do still manage to bottle up high pressure matches but they are a superior odi side than Pak or SL. Just recall the last Asia Cup

Ahmad Zahir

Banned
I doubt they will beat bangers. Bangers have become a fairly solid ODI side. They do still manage to bottle up high pressure matches but they are a superior odi side than Pak or SL. Just recall the last Asia Cup
They can only win if they bat first and put up 250 runs otherwise no chance. I think they can defeat SA as well given how bad they are against spin.