• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which teams do you think can realistically win the WC ?

IqbalJaved

Cricket Spectator
Wasimullah said:
For mine it's only four:
Brazil
Italy
England
Argentina ......in that order.

How about the Dutch....they look to have a pretty solid squad and they generally perform well at international meets....

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Dutch over England anyway. wont say we win it, but over england thats for sure.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brazil - obvious favourites, hard to beat
England - imo the only side that has a chance of matching them player for player
Italy - best of the rest after the top 2
Argentina - have so much attacking potential to score enough goals to win the cup
Holland - same as Argentina, but not quite as good imo...
Germany - Dark horses, but i can see them going a long way

Craig

World Traveller
As long as Fobo the Clown isn't in goal for France then they could surprise.

In fact I will tip that Argentina or Holland won't even get past the group stage.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
1. Brazil - best side in the world, with awesome firepower up front, so once they come hot, they will be hard to stop

2. Italy - second best side in the world, can match Brazil's firepower, once they play as a team they can beat anyone.

3. England - da boys, so much expectation on there shoulders. Arguably the best defense in the game, powerful 1st choice XI, so once everyone is at the WC fit they can upset a few.

4. Argentina - always favourites, not too sure what is there strongest aspect these days, but once they play as unit can upset as well.

5. France - (the true dark-horses), they may be old but you can't buy the experience they have, so if the two supermen up front in Henry and Treseguet can do well they have enough level headed customers i think that can take them all the way.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kweek said:
Dutch over England anyway. wont say we win it, but over england thats for sure.
If all of your players are still speaking to each other by the end of the group stages it'll be a miracle! :p

Devil of a group you have too.

Simon

one thing holland have going for them i think is that so many players will come from the dutch league, alot of these guys have played a fair few games together so getting adjusted to each others styles wont be a problem, obviously Holland are my 2nd side after Aus (seeing as though i support a dutch club) and id love to see them go pretty well.
The defence could be a slight issue though depending on who gets picked but id imagine it will be Barry Opdam, Denny Landzaart, Jan Kromkamp and John Heitinga in the back 4, on paper this probably isnt as imposing as a lot of other sides...

Simon

aussie said:
are Stam and Kluivert still in the dutch international setup?
no i dont think so...
tarick would have more of an idea than i would though...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Stam is, in the coverage of the CL this morning they said that every Milan Player would be involved in the WC....

Simon

Blewy said:
I think Stam is, in the coverage of the CL this morning they said that every Milan Player would be involved in the WC....
Stam is way past it anyway, i mean hes going to ajax next year so hes definately struggling :p

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
aussie said:
are Stam and Kluivert still in the dutch international setup?
I'd highly doubt that. Van Nistelrooy and van Der Sar seem to be the only older players still involved IMO.

Simon

roseboy64 said:
I'd highly doubt that. Van Nistelrooy and van Der Sar seem to be the only older players still involved IMO.
Cocu is as well, hes retiring from international football after the WC...