• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team will win the series in India?

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
As good as India are, they aren't good enough to overcome a world XI. But they'd still win a randomly organized test/series because the opposition would struggle to play as a team.

CodeOfWisden

U19 Debutant
Sri Lanka. They produced 2 of the 3 top cricketers of the 21st century (including the greatest spinner of all time) and they do random things even with weak teams (series wins in England and South Africa as evidence).
You know na that they have never won a single test in India? Not even one.....

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Whether match is played at Modi or at Amit Shah Wankhede, this Team would beat India in India.

Azhar
Karunaratne
Labuschange
Smith
Fawad Alam
Shakib
Rizwan (wk) (c)
Cummins (v.c)
Hasan Ali
Yasir Shah
Embuldeniya

sunilz

International Regular
Whether match is played at Modi or at Amit Shah Wankhede, this Team would beat India in India.

Azhar
Karunaratne
Labuschange
Smith
Fawad Alam
Shakib
Rizwan (wk) (c)
Cummins (v.c)
Hasan Ali
Yasir Shah
Embuldeniya
Bowling is extremely rubbish except Cummins. This team isn't winning anything in India unless, Smith has a monstrous series

Gob

International Coach
I cant think of any put together current team winning in India so let's expand it for the last 20 years

Cook
Hayden
Amla
Kallis
Smith
Martyn
Gilchrist
Warne
Steyn
Muralidaran
McGrath

Yeah both Warne and Murali have been meh in India but I'd still take my chances with them

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
My money is on Bangladesh.
Same here, they have spinners who can deliver in these conditions. Taijul is a weird one, bowls too slow. But other than that, they have spinners who can bowl Axar's pace with accuracy and make life hell for the batsmen on turners. Their batsmen are also decent against spin. If SL and Ban stop playing musical chairs in team selection, they can be a serious threat.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Bowling is extremely rubbish except Cummins. This team isn't winning anything in India unless, Smith has a monstrous series
Cummins, Yasir, Shakib, Embuldenia SLA is a very good attack in SC. Hasan Ali is Umesh like skiddy bowler who also gets reverse swing.

sunilz

International Regular
Cummins, Yasir, Shakib, Embuldenia SLA is a very good attack in SC. Hasan Ali is Umesh like skiddy bowler who also gets reverse swing.
Which attack is better in Asian condition ?

Umesh
Shami
Axar
Jadeja
Ashwin

Vs

Cummins
Shakib
Yasir
Hasan
Embuldenia

Check their average in Asian conditions.

Chrish

International Debutant
Only one Team can win a Test series in India atm.
But hosts are too terrified to invite that team.
Serious question how good is current Pak team? It's difficult to gauge the quality as they have barley played Cricket recently and when they did, it was against the teams that aren't that strong in these conditions.

Chrish

International Debutant
Which team would have been harder to beat? 2000s Indian team or current team? That team had ATG batting line-up while this one is a bowling juggernaut. Looking by results only it's current team but we don't have any equivalent of that SA or Aus side atm.

Kirkut

International Regular
We do not have Dravid and Laxman this time, so any team with a good spin attack stands a chance to beat us.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Australia and England also have the financial and institutional resources to spend months if not years preparing the side for the conditions with A tours, preparatory camps in the subcontinent, national training centres where they could put in dustbowl pitches, all the video and data analysis money can buy etc etc.

England wouldn't have won in 2012 and we wouldn't have gotten as close as we did in 2017 without extensive preparation - preparation that, unfortunately, isn't particularly accessible for most Test nations.
That is all true, but is it enough? I feel the only way a non asian country learns to play spin there is to have players play seasons there. At least one!
Australia really needs to add a dustbowl into the shield. Or create an All Stars shield game at end of season up at Darwin.

_00_deathscar

International Debutant

Azhar
Karunaratne
Labuschange
Smith
Fawad Alam
Shakib
Rizwan (wk) (c)
Cummins (v.c)
Hasan Ali
Yasir Shah
Embuldeniya
I mean they might win A test or something...but they aren't winning any series.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shah would do pretty well and so would Lyon I imagine. The former is a brilliant non-SENA bowler while the latter seems to have figured out his subcontinent game since ~2017. If Leach is troubling us then Embuldeniya will too if he can crack the side.

Shakib is also obviously good.

Our batting is quite poor atm don't forget. I think the series outcome would rest heavily on Smith's performance.