• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team will win the series in India?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Karunaratne
Latham
Williamson
Root
Smith
Stokes
Shakib
Rizwan
Cummins
Shah
Anderson
This team can win India in India. Have to be India to beat India. So 2 quality spinners who can bat in Shakib and Yasir with 2 quality pacers in Cummins and Anderson along with 3 of Fab four for batting can do the job.

Flem274*

123/5
i don't believe the pakistan can do it chat tbh. they've lost to SENA sides in the uae. jadeja and ashwin are a step up from ajaz and somerville, plus both those blokes can bat and one can catch.

atm it's probably more likely to be a SENA side who do it than one of the other asian sides because a) they're stronger right now than the other asian sides and b) the SENA sides can bring players india won't like, whereas sri lanka, bangers and pakistan are playing the same game but worse and with less good quicks too.

Flem274*

123/5
Just NZ I believe

I'd back Pakistan to do better than NZ in India though
i thought england too but realised that's actually a fair bit of time ago now. im getting old.

and not sure tbh. a pretty **** nz team only lost 1-0 in 2010 and were a meme away from 1-1, but the much better 2016 team kept fading after a couple of days. pakistan should do better but given i'd much, much rather tour them as a SENA side im not sure they'd be any better than england were just now.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i thought england too but realised that's actually a fair bit of time ago now. im getting old.

and not sure tbh. a pretty **** nz team only lost 1-0 in 2010 and were a meme away from 1-1, but the much better 2016 team kept fading after a couple of days. pakistan should do better but given i'd much, much rather tour them as a SENA side im not sure they'd be any better than england were just now.
England last beat Pakistan in 2010 at home, and haven't beaten Pakistan away since 2000.

NZ has been doing really well in the UAE, but then they went and drew against a pretty yuck SL side in 2019.

I just think Yasir and whatever new SLA they pick will do much better than Somerville/Ajaz. Their batting will probably go alright too.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
We always up our game vs India in Bilaterals.
Even our C team with Razzaq, Sami & Afridi as frontline bowlers drew 1-1(3) the series in India in 2005.
Isn't that a bit of a selective reading of irrelevant history? How about Pakistan failing to win a single test against a weak Indian team in 1989-90?

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That is all true, but is it enough? I feel the only way a non asian country learns to play spin there is to have players play seasons there. At least one!
Australia really needs to add a dustbowl into the shield. Or create an All Stars shield game at end of season up at Darwin.
Do Indian domestic teams allow foreigners to play? Like imagine Labu playing for Karnataka or something.

Flem274*

123/5
England last beat Pakistan in 2010 at home, and haven't beaten Pakistan away since 2000.

NZ has been doing really well in the UAE, but then they went and drew against a pretty yuck SL side in 2019.

I just think Yasir and whatever new SLA they pick will do much better than Somerville/Ajaz. Their batting will probably go alright too.
yasir is probably the best suited non-indian to indian conditions. pakistans chances really depend on their batting though. they **** the bed so hard when its tight.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Isn't that a bit of a selective reading of irrelevant history? How about Pakistan failing to win a single test against a weak Indian team in 1989-90?
#AmnKiAasha series

Let's be honest, we didn't want to beat a team whose main batsman was a minor.

sunilz

International Regular
Aus if Smith and Lyon repeats their 2017 heroics. Pujara won't save India everytime from Aus.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Pak are the only serious threat skills-wise and I expect even their minor players to lift against India. That said, India should be able to win anything longer than a two-match series.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!