• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Country has most biased commentators?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
has it though? kerry o'keefe and isha guha sure, but they more than balance it out with mark waugh and shane warne.
It's changed, it sure as hell isn't perfect but yeah it's improved. Mark Waugh is a cynical **** but at least he knows opposition players. Certainly there's no peer for Chappell and Healy when it comes to one-eyed commentary.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, India was always more biased. What Channel 9 had in spades was staggering ignorance. It's simply an Australian cricket thing - for example Michael Clarke apparently let slip after the IPL auction that he'd never heard of Jamieson.

Naheed

School Boy/Girl Captain
I will not add the name of a country but the most biased commentators in my view are
Sunil Gavaskar, Jonathan Agnew, Aakash Chopra, Sanjay Manjrekar, Rameez Raja,
Ian Healy and Mark Taylor.

sunilz

International Regular
I will not add the name of a country but the most biased commentators in my view are
Sunil Gavaskar, Jonathan Agnew, Aakash Chopra, Sanjay Manjrekar, Rameez Raja,
Ian Healy and Mark Taylor.
You missed the most biased commentator imo: Athar 'my words' Ali Khan of Bangladesh

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The aggression/intent shtick from the aussie comms is really ****ing annoying.
Is there a commentator around the world that doesn't do this? Admittedly the Aussie ones (even Ponting) take it to a much bigger extreme.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Is there a commentator around the world that doesn't do this? Admittedly the Aussie ones (even Ponting) take it to a much bigger extreme.
I’m sure there are. In the Indian comms, for instance, Harsha doesn’t do it and only Manjrekar does it to the meme extent that guys like Maugh, Ponting and Warne do it.

I guess another issue is that nobody really pushes back when someone does it.

Naheed

School Boy/Girl Captain
You missed the most biased commentator imo: Athar 'my words' Ali Khan of Bangladesh
Yes, I have not included the name of all the biased commentators.
Those I shared are the ones that came in my mind while replying.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The aggression/intent shtick from the aussie comms is really ****ing annoying.
That fact it still goes on is irritating, though thankfully Warne isn't on 7 so there's less of it there.

Of course it's one of those bricks in the wall that prevent them from understanding why India beat us.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven’t seen you in ages. Nice to hear from you man.
Cheers mate. Haven't been in CC too much lately as there's nothing really worth watching aside from some Aus domestic stuff atm. Trust you're keeping well.

Gob

International Coach
It's changed, it sure as hell isn't perfect but yeah it's improved. Mark Waugh is a cynical **** but at least he knows opposition players. Certainly there's no peer for Chappell and Healy when it comes to one-eyed commentary.
I don't think Ian Chappell is biased towards Australia in general rather he is biased towards certain types of players who aren't necessarily Australians

tony p

First Class Debutant
Nah, India was always more biased. What Channel 9 had in spades was staggering ignorance. It's simply an Australian cricket thing - for example Michael Clarke apparently let slip after the IPL auction that he'd never heard of Jamieson.
Who's Jamieson.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think most countries (including England) have more commentators I would rather drown than commentators I would rather not drown.

It's more often a case of them being incredibly annoying, stupid, and just generally dire, rather than biased though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In particular I really can't stand Michael Vaughan tbh. Completely disigenuous and utterly supercilious at all times.

For some reason I rewatched his retirement speech the other day. What a contrived load of bollocks that was.

“I haven’t been playing well enough, in some instances my body hasn’t been reacting the way I would like it to. And I guess two weeks ago when in the garden with my little lad Archie, he bowled a ball, it hit a weed and it knocked my off stump out of the ground. I think that was the time, if a three-year-old is bowling me out, then it’s time to move over."

Cute soundbite. But this obviously never ****ing happened. **** you, Michael. WAC.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In particular I really can't stand Michael Vaughan tbh. Completely disigenuous and utterly supercilious at all times.

For some reason I rewatched his retirement speech the other day. What a contrived load of bollocks that was.

“I haven’t been playing well enough, in some instances my body hasn’t been reacting the way I would like it to. And I guess two weeks ago when in the garden with my little lad Archie, he bowled a ball, it hit a weed and it knocked my off stump out of the ground. I think that was the time, if a three-year-old is bowling me out, then it’s time to move over."

Cute soundbite. But this obviously never ****ing happened. **** you, Michael. WAC.
Yeah, needlessly bringing in his kids' name to get some attention to himself. Unfortunately, internet world is full of such people. I mean, I understand using your kid as some kind of get out of jail card, like Raina's nephew (lol) but this is beyond pathetic as there was absolutely no need.