• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which batting pair has more chance against this bowling attack?

Which batting pair you would prefer?

• Sehwag+ Pietersen+ Michael Clarke

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Dravid + Inzamam + Sangakkara

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
generally agree though not always true tbf

"david warner against broaderson in england" / "moeen ali against nathan lyon" come to the front of my mind
Players sucking in certain conditions, particularly in a way that is observable through their techniques, is definitely different from this sort of voodoo individual match-up analysis.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Players sucking in certain conditions, particularly in a way that is observable through their techniques, is definitely different from this sort of voodoo individual match-up analysis.
but that's my point, that there are times when you can infer some sort of players sucking against certain bowlers in certain conditions and others where yeah it's samplesizelol, but it's not always samplesizelol

subshakerz

International Coach
I think the first crew takes it rather easily.

If it is in the SC, Sehwag is comfortable regardless of bowler. And I can see him scoring in Australia too though may struggle against McGrath there.

KP has the best record against McWarne and has taken Steyn and Murali apart at home.

Clarke I am least sure about but he was very good against Steyn and if in Australia he will be strong against anyone.

Dravid and Inzi struggled against McWarne and Steyn generally. Sanga may score a bit but not enough to compensate.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I think the first crew takes it rather easily.

If it is in the SC, Sehwag is comfortable regardless of bowler. And I can see him scoring in Australia too though may struggle against McGrath there.

KP has the best record against McWarne and has taken Steyn and Murali apart at home.

Clarke I am least sure about but he was very good against Steyn and if in Australia he will be strong against anyone.

Dravid and Inzi struggled against McWarne and Steyn generally. Sanga may score a bit but not enough to compensate.
Clarke was probably the best of these 6 against Steyn in SA . He scored a very good century against SA in 11/12 tour .