• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which batting pair has more chance against this bowling attack?

Which batting pair you would prefer?

• Sehwag+ Pietersen+ Michael Clarke

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Dravid + Inzamam + Sangakkara

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

Sunil1z

International Regular
Suppose each of these pair has to face a bowling attack of McGrath + Steyn+ Murali + Warne . Which pair has more chance of being successful?

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
Tendulkar, Lara, Ponting, Kallis are better than all the 6 batsmen . I wanted slightly inferior batsmen to keep the poll close.
I think none of the six you have mentioned have a chance against these bowlers. Sehwag might hit a few but then he won't last long, same with the others as well. Dravid will play two sessions scoring a painstaking 50 and then get out.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
But as it's a poll, I'll go with Sehwag and the other two, at least they won't bore me out! Plus, Clarke and Petersen are eye candy for me!

Sunil1z

International Regular
To do those who are voting 2nd , what is your reason considering
1. Both Dravid and Inzamam were average against McWarne. Sangakkara averaged 25.4 in matches involving either McGrath or Warne . And Sehwag and pierersen were more successful against McWarne
2 . And Sehwag was probably best of them (excluding Sangakkara) against Murali and Clarke was best of them against Steyn.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I picked the better batsmen to be better at batting.

Records against teams when individual bowlers are playing are way too subject to sample size problems and flukes. Cricket is too high variance to put as much stock in that sort of stuff as you do, and moreover when you talk about (for example) Sanga's record against McWarne you aren't even really doing that - you're talking about his record in games involving them. He faced other bowlers too in those games.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I picked the better batsmen to be better at batting.

Records against teams when individual bowlers are playing are way too subject to sample size problems and flukes. Cricket is too high variance to put as much stock in that sort of stuff as you do, and moreover when you talk about (for example) Sanga's record against McWarne you aren't even really doing that - you're talking about his record in games involving them. He faced other bowlers too in those games.
generally agree though not always true tbf

"david warner against broaderson in england" / "moeen ali against nathan lyon" come to the front of my mind