• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

where is vikram

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
They are definitely poor, but different levels of poorness. They are both adept at chasing stupid balls, but i prefer Solanki purely because he seems to be able to create singles more and has a greater array of strokes. Vaughan has problems rotating the strike a lot of the time.
Solanki ain't the most flash at rotating the strike... and it's not much use if you're not often getting the chance to do it because you're getting yourself out to poor strokes.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Well... it was wired-up to Bob Woolmer (the coach), and it wasn't exactly like Cronje was shoddy at the old tactics... still, I don't like the way it's banned, why does captaincy have to be done by someone on the field... no good reason except "that's the way it's always been". :@
Interesting.. I personally think half of a captains job is leading by example, rallying the troops when the chips are down etc. Although there is no reason why the captain should be on the field, i think thats half his job anyway...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well... you don't need instructions to be a leader of men.
Cronje wasn't bad at that, of course - but mainly he was just a brilliant tactician.
Even then, though, any input from Bob wasn't likely to be turned-down, and I don't see any reason why Singh was so set-against it and ICC were equally insistent.