• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When the Football World Cup is on should other sports take a break?

When the Football World Cup is on should other sports take a break?

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
I remember in the last World Cup they put up giant TV screens at the Tests when Sri Lanka toured England where people could step out and watch some of the World Cup and still see the cricket if something really interesting happens?

Did anything this time around in England?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Doubt it - I was at OT for the Denmark game in 2002 and watched it.

By 2004 the Portugal game was scheduled for the same time as the NZ day-nighter (which was then rained off) - but my mate had some friends who worked there and they'd been told they couldn't show it because of health and safety.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
I remember in the last World Cup they put up giant TV screens at the Tests when Sri Lanka toured England where people could step out and watch some of the World Cup and still see the cricket if something really interesting happens?

Did anything this time around in England?
They showed the the England v Trinidad before the international Twenty20 game, and apprently Warwicks are showing Argentina v Germany on a big screen on Friday's game.