• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whatever happened to Copeland?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Copeland did have to bowl against much tougher opposition than Siddle, Pattinson, Hilf etc did last summer, tbf

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
ha that's only because Siddle and co. decided to get their act together. Has nothing to do with Copeland not being there. A fair comparison is the bowling attack with Copeland in SL, compared to the one prior to SL. Give me the former any day of the week.

How can you call it a career anyway, it's a mere cameo. It shows, and means, absolutely nothing.
He should be proud of his Test cameo. Lived the dream for a month or so.

Would a county team approach someone like him? He would be a handy player in county cricket I think, since his fielding his sharp, his batting is capable and his bowling would trouble many at that level particularly early in the year.

Spikey

I like how the one time last season we picked 4 bowlers, we still had the keeper batting at 6

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Where did anyone talk about thoroughly outbowling anyone else?

I'm not really sure what the argument is here. It's probably a case where you can say, "Hey, well done selectors", judging by how Australia's attack performed without him, and how Copeland performed afterwards for his state.
I could have taken 20 wickets against that Indian lineup.

Spikey

for all we know, if we stayed with copeland Kohli might not have scored a ton

Spikey

If Watson was 50+ at the time of my nan coming on to bowl....

In the spirit of my sig, Rob should upload a video of all of Zaheer Khan's dismissals in that series