• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your preferred cricket bat?

adharcric

International Coach
Which bat suits you the best? Doesn't have to be the most expensive thing, just whatever you feel comfortable with.

Also, anyone got suggestions as to what I should get ordered from India? My GM Purist broke and I need something relatively light with decent stroke. (preferably GM?) Thanks.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I usually use GM bats, I have a GM Maestro 707 ATM. I don't know why I use GM bats, I jsut do. I'm planning on getting a Kookaburra next time I need a new bat, though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If you're looking for a new bat, order a nice English Willow CA bat from Pakistan.

adharcric

International Coach
Jono said:
If you're looking for a new bat, order a nice English Willow CA bat from Pakistan.
Can I get that from India? I don't happen to be Pakistani and paying shipping charges would defeat the purpose of getting a bat from India/Pakistan.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I have a Malik Supreme, and it's awesome. Has the sweetest middle of any bat I've ever used, it's a monster. Shame I'm rubbish. :laugh:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I picked up a Puma something-or-other for cheap recently, and I'm loving it so far. It's not a high quality bat by any means (I've got a better one anyway) but I seem to play much better with it. Probably because all the other bats I've had have been on the heavy side while this is relatively light.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
adharcric said:
Can I get that from India? I don't happen to be Pakistani and paying shipping charges would defeat the purpose of getting a bat from India/Pakistan.
Possibly, but if you can't get a nice Pakistani bat like a CA or a Malik, then I reckon check out some SS Sunridges stores in India. A genuine SS English Willow bat plays beautifully.

I myself have an MRF Genius. Edges are huge. :)

adharcric

International Coach
Alright well for people who live in India, can I find a good CA bat there in local sports shops in, say, Delhi? If not that, then SS or GM?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Well this is difficult to do from the US but the advise I would give everyone is to visit the factory.

Dont be intimidated even if you know you are not a great player. Just call up and ask if its ok to drop by and look at some bats. You get to pick up and feel hundreds of bats (which will all be slightly different) and talk to the bat maker about the quality of wook used for each bat and what he recommends.

I assure you its not just the pros who can do this esp. with the smaller companies.

Last edited:

open365

Goughy said:
Well this is difficult to do from the US but the advise I would give everyone is to visit the factory.

Dont be intimidated if you know you are not a great player. You get to pick up and feel hundreds of bats (which will all be slightly different) and talk to the bat maker about the quality of wook used for each bat and what he recommends.

I assure you its not just the pros who can do this esp. with the smaller companies.
Your allowed to go into a factory?

I just spend an hour in the shop picking every bat in site up and playing a few shots with it.

I'm not a big GM fan myself, too heavy for my liking. If your looking for a light bat, the Gray Nicolls Lazer range is fantastic (i have one). I'm not too sure about indian bats, but i;d never buy one without trying it first.

Jungle Jumbo

I've got a Kookaburra Diablo Ltd Edition - it's good at playing and missing outside off-stump and has a tendency to be about five seconds late on a yorker... other than that it's perfect.

I'd go with a Gunn and Moore Purist or a Newbery Navarone given the choice of the mainstream bats. I prefer the smaller brands however - the more obscure the more personal.

Dydl

International Debutant
Jungle Jumbo said:
I've got a Kookaburra Diablo Ltd Edition - it's good at playing and missing outside off-stump and has a tendency to be about five seconds late on a yorker... other than that it's perfect.
All too true...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Any piece of willow that feels great in the hand )weight and balance combined) and great when it comes in contact with the ball.