• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the most popular format of cricket in each country (Test, ODI or T20)?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah fair enough, I can see where that sentiment comes from. I'd always put winning a big test series like the Ashes, particularly away, ahead of the ODI WC but it's the next biggest thing for sure, certainly the biggest thing in any form of LO cricket, at least atm.
Yeah, I think your ranking depends a lot on your cricketing history. Almost always I'd rate the Ashes > CWC, because we've got a reasonable Ashes record over the last decade and a half.........whereas our ODI WC history, well you know.....not so good. For Australians, I'd imagine you'd rather win an away Ashes than the next CW WC since you already have a trophy cabinet full of the ****s?

AFAIC, we've got that monkey off our back now (some might not agree) so for me anyway normal ranking can resume.......The Ashes>The ODI WC>Any other Test Series>Jam ODI's>Domestic T20>International T20

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I think your ranking depends a lot on your cricketing history. Almost always I'd rate the Ashes > CWC, because we've got a reasonable Ashes record over the last decade and a half.........whereas our ODI WC history, well you know.....not so good. For Australians, I'd imagine you'd rather win an away Ashes than the next CW WC since you already have a trophy cabinet full of the ****s?

AFAIC, we've got that monkey off our back now (some might not agree) so for me anyway normal ranking can resume.......The Ashes>The ODI WC>Any other Test Series>Jam ODI's>Domestic T20>International T20
It's hard, but I'd pretty much go with that order. Choosing between tests and the ODI WC is a hard choice. I'd rather have them both :ph34r:.