• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Azhar trying to introduce some restriction on his own batting to create some sort of a challenge by refusing to play Chase through the off side?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I can understand WI lacking in skill and experience but it's these dumb reviews that they take which is frustrating. They had Shafiq out in the first session, didn't review it. And now it hit Azhar's bat and they reviewed it.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
when you have Younus in this team the batting averages for the Pak top 7 are so bloody high. Like peak Australia level high

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
these poor young guns Cummins and Gabriel's averages are already gonna blow out to like 40+ like Holder soon lol. Such a toothless pace attack

Bahseph

State Captain
Who is the West Indies attack leader? Other than Zimbabwe I can't think of another team who is so sorely lacking a go- to- bowler. In LO games that man would be Narine. But with Taylor retired and Roach seemingly having degressed as a bowler this team really needs someone to stand up in Tests. Windies fans, anyone coming through the ranks?

Bahseph

State Captain
these poor young guns Cummins and Gabriel's averages are already gonna blow out to like 40+ like Holder soon lol. Such a toothless pace attack
As likeable as Holder is, you do get the feeling he is filling in the wrong role in this team. Always looks more of a batsman than a bowler to me.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is the West Indies attack leader? Other than Zimbabwe I can't think of another team who is so sorely lacking a go- to- bowler. In LO games that man would be Narine. But with Taylor retired and Roach seemingly having degressed as a bowler this team really needs someone to stand up in Tests. Windies fans, anyone coming through the ranks?
They don't have a bad pace attack to be honest. They have bowled well in patches. Gabriel had Shafiq out today early in the session, he had Azhar edge at slip only for slip to be too deep. Mistakes like that cost them. Fast bowlers are not going to get that many chances here especially inexperienced fast bowlers.

The trio of Gabriel, Cummins and Joseph can form a potent pace attack. Need to be persisted with and hope they develop as bowlers.