• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Sri Lanka, November/December 2021

Tom Flint

International Regular
I assumed Gabriel was 3rd in the pecking order now of windies seamers behind roach and seales so surprised to see him play here. I guess its because his extra pace and he has done well to pick up 2 wickets
Chase getting another hatful, his height must cause batsmen problems

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I assumed Gabriel was 3rd in the pecking order now of windies seamers behind roach and seales so surprised to see him play here. I guess its because his extra pace and he has done well to pick up 2 wickets
Chase getting another hatful, his height must cause batsmen problems
I agree r.e Gabriel, it's definitely because of his pace. Also Kemar has a bad record in Asia and with the kookaburra.

R.e Chase I think it is also because Cornwall and Warrican are fairly tidy, so batsmen want to score Vs Chase. There were reverse sweeps against him and Matthews holed out in the deep.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Man there’s just not much hope for Windies cricket apart from the good performance here and there. I think they’ll struggle even more in all formats now guys like Gayle and Bravo retired

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Man there’s just not much hope for Windies cricket apart from the good performance here and there. I think they’ll struggle even more in all formats now guys like Gayle and Bravo retired
I think our batting will struggle for a good few years yet. Proper systems and coaching programmes have only been in place for a couple of years.

We have plenty of bowling talent, so that is what we will be relying on to burgle test matches until we produce and nurture proper red ball batsmen.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just hope Shiv Chanderpaul spoonfeeds the guys in the Under-19 circuit on the importance of staying at the crease and batting until the cows come home.

He and Ambrose are with the youths right now in Antigua in the inter-squad games in preparation for the U-19 WC.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's the highest team test innings without someone reaching 50? Windies might give it a crack here

4 batsmen out between 36-45

Aritro

International Regular
Well this isn't going well is it? Have the Windies spinners failed to take advantage of the turn this innings or is it a pretty flat deck?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** karantne has come so far since that abysmal 2016 series against Australia. I thought his career would be done after it. Hel wind up pushing for an opening spot in their ATG XI when all is said and done

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s a nightmarish score to wake up to, but it’s not surprising.

These people are not test quality. Plenty curry goat cricket here

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Sri lanka has now few quality spin bowlers now. Jayawickrama Mendis Embuldeniya are gun. They tour India next year in Feb March. Could be a good couple of tests there.

ashley bach

International Captain
Even Shai can't bring Hope to this Windies batting.
speaking of Hope, the only hope for the Windies is what time the storm comes and how much play if any
will be deducted.They certainly need some help in that department,cant really see them batting more than 1.5 sessions at best.
as for them winning the game....if you like roughies you can get 600/1 at stumps.