• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

were you ever in a team that won a regional sports event?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
I won a badminton tournament which I captained our college side, and was unbeaten.. (Didn't get a shirt though) :(
Got a runners up trophy last year for cricket..
yeh, my college badminton team won the State schools badminton championship, we lost 1 match, but we won most of the others convincingly enough to win it. I was number 1 player so it was pretty tough, but we had a solid side, i only won 6/9 matches but the rest of the team generally beat their opponent and im a strong doubles player so it was all good

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
All my cricket team needs to do is not lose outright in the next match. Which shouldn't be too hard considering we're undefeated so far. In primary school I captained my school to the local premiership, not that the competition was at all hard

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
nibbs said:
but have you guys got a shirt?
Yup, its white and Orange and says in Japanese "10 a side Rugby Chugoku champions"

But man, I dont wear it when I go out....got better things to wear, like tight, silky shrts.

nibbs

International Captain
cool man. kenny, i once played rugby in japan against the kusague (spl?) young ruggers...in fukuoka

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Our team won the Harbour Cricket Tournament last year.. And our Soccer team won the regionals down when i was down in Otago Boys High School.. got those 2 shirts.. and i was part of the U 14 Basketball team that have won the district trophy..

PY

International Coach
Played in all the games that Neil mentions and also won a County championship in rugby union when I was 15. Few near misses in other county tournies as well but no successes.

Had shirt for that but we had to give it back for the school to carry on using. :(

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
broncoman said:
yeh, my college badminton team won the State schools badminton championship, we lost 1 match, but we won most of the others convincingly enough to win it. I was number 1 player so it was pretty tough, but we had a solid side, i only won 6/9 matches but the rest of the team generally beat their opponent and im a strong doubles player so it was all good
Interesting, glad we have another player on here.. Im the best player in my college side (well four of us) and the only person who doesn't speak Cantonese.. We have a match tomorrow so I hope we don't get complacent..

Langeveldt

Soutie
lord_of_darkness said:
Damn it rich, go learn it for the sake of your team members.. better communication leads to better peformances lol..
Little point. Might be my last game of badminton at college. After five years with the same people.. So little point really.. Pretty depressing feeling though, now I know vaguely what it feels like to bow out of cricket.. Lets hope that doesn't affect the old performance..

Langeveldt

Soutie
lord_of_darkness said:
^ lets hope it gives you more time for cricket and studies = bigger and better things..
Ironically im much more of a badminton player now.. More time for badminton and partying would be a better phrase..

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
in year 11 under the leadership of the great Ian Markus (slats4eva) we won the elite Trans Harbour Trophy

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
nibbs said:
cool man. kenny, i once played rugby in japan against the kusague (spl?) young ruggers...in fukuoka
Really???

Thats so cool! How old were you when you did that? How many years ago? Did youse win?

nibbs

International Captain
in 1997, i would have just turned 12. we won the first game 22-17 and in the second game overturned a 5-0 half time deficit to win 45-5...

we went to space world. dam that was cool

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Besides winning some squash comps, I was in the team that won the Emerald Mixed Touch Football comp. I've had lots of success coaching school sides - won the open boys touch football comp for ten years straight, but the two biggest moments in my coaching career was losing the state championships in the Junior boys squash teams by a game and coaching the Open Boys champion to victory in 2000.