• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

welcome the two new odi teams!

Beleg

International Regular
Asia XI and Rest of the World XI

:ph34r: :ph34r:

How will these two matches show up on the records of the players?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Beleg said:
Asia XI and Rest of the World XI

:ph34r: :ph34r:

How will these two matches show up on the records of the players?
Probably the same way that Invitational XI matches show up and players' FC records, i.e. as just another game.

Beleg

International Regular
how do you think ?
so now technically if a bowler claims to have scored fifities or centuries against every odi playing team, his title will be stripped if he doesn't switch teams and scores a hundred in both matches of the series.

What a shame.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Beleg said:
so now technically if a bowler claims to have scored fifities or centuries against every odi playing team, his title will be stripped if he doesn't switch teams and scores a hundred in both matches of the series.

What a shame.
I very much doubt the Asian XI and ROWXI will be officially regarded as ODI 'teams', in much the same way that Canada, USA, UAE et al are not regarded as ODI teams and hence do not appear on the ICC ODI Championship table. Matches involving these teams however are still regarded as ODI's, and players' statistics recorded thus.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
lol, Rest of the World Easyly, unless they find a very good replaement for Tendulker, or the World XI gets in a litlle above average player to match it, i think The selectors were not trying to make the best possible team, or else, you'd see a little more Aussies in there and Kallis and some English Players.

bryce

International Regular
Beleg said:

What a shame.
so i'm taking you thought that was a possibility since you asked?
if your silly enough to then they would it call it every ODI playing country - not team

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Dizzy #4 said:
lol, Rest of the World Easyly, unless they find a very good replaement for Tendulker, or the World XI gets in a litlle above average player to match it, i think The selectors were not trying to make the best possible team, or else, you'd see a little more Aussies in there and Kallis and some English Players.
Well obviously they couldn't have kallis and some english because they are in a test series and so are not available...

Beleg

International Regular
so i'm taking you thought that was a possibility since you asked?
if your silly enough to then they would it call it every ODI playing country - not team
err, what do you mean? [in the second sentence]

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's totally ludicrous to consider these games List-A-OD games, let alone ODIs.
They're invitational games, in a charity cause - but for the neccessity of their money-raising cause, they'd not be happening.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the only problem i have with them calling in an official game, is that it counts towards their averages, they should go out and play hard yes, but they should be aiming, above all else, to have fun and provide maximum entertainment for the crowd, lots of runs being scored too.