• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WC Qualifier tonight

Hoggy31

International Captain
Croatia are already through, So I'm happy. But i still hope Australia get through, But i don't think it'll happen - Aus to win 1-0 and lose in extra time/penalties.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just started watching too. Was a bit of a scrappy goal though

Scaly piscine

Most goals in international football tend to be a bit scrappy, I do hope Australia get drawn with England if they get through this tie somehow.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australia absolutely dominating early in the second half. Looks like only one team can score right now, but we need to put it on the scoreboard, because things can change quickly.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
1049: Harry Kewell is booked for diving. It comes shortly after Scott Chipperfield dallies over the ball when a first-time shot was needed.

Nothing changes.

Somebody kick that filthy cheating scum ex-Leeds diving git in the nads.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This has really become a 4 yearly heart break time for Australia. Hold your breath the Aussies and dont raise your hopes too high.

I hope the Aussies do qualify though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Interesting game so far.

At least there wasnt dejavu of the Iran game, which I still remember today.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I've only been watching it intermittently, but I just heard there has been 44 penalties given... what's that all about? :wacko:

duffer

Uruguay look on their feet here. Guus should bring on Archie, his pace running at that defence without Montero in it.

Gawd, so close now......

andyc

Shocking decision at the end there about the corner.

It really did look like we were unlucky not to score a goal there in the second half

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Adamc said:
I've only been watching it intermittently, but I just heard there has been 44 penalties given... what's that all about? :wacko:
Eh?

Are you listening to an American commentary or something?

"And it's Australia on the You Are Gay twentythree yard line, Viduka back to the quarterback Vidmar, he goes long to the wide receiver Kewell, completely in the clear, TOUCHDOWN Australia. Kewell took off and just flew through..... wait, penalty on the play. Kewell for unnecessary roughing of the ground."

andyc

I'm stupid and new to actually watching soccer. If a goal is scored now, is extra time over? Or does it keep going for the whole 30 minutes?

andyc

luckyeddie said:
Eh?

"And it's Australia on the You Are Gay twentythree yard line, Viduka back to the quarterback Vidmar, he goes long to the wide receiver Kewell, completely in the clear, TOUCHDOWN Australia. Kewell took off and just flew through..... wait, penalty on the play. Kewell for unnecessary roughing of the ground."
The commentator's English

Scaly piscine

luckyeddie said:
Eh?

Well at least CW made it to the third page before someone used the 'you are gay' line.

Typical of Derbyshire folk to lower the standard.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
andyc said:
I'm stupid and new to actually watching soccer. If a goal is scored now, is extra time over? Or does it keep going for the whole 30 minutes?
I was just gunna ask that ..

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
andyc said:
Depends on what rule book you use. :D

I think FIFA has abolished the sudden death rule, though, because UEFA certainly have. So it keeps going for the whole 30 minutes.

Edit: Yup. FIFA World Cup regulations, article 17, clause 2: If, in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations, extra time shall be played as the result of a draw at the end of normal playing time, it shall always consist of two periods of 15 minutes each, with an interval of five minutes at the end of normal playing time, but not between the two periods of extra time.

Last edited: