• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wastemen etc

Who the better batsman

• Ajay Jadeja

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mahmudullah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Idk, Smith averages 40 @140 at 3 in t20I's, and has a great overall record in the ipl on decks that the t20WC is being hosted on. Was pretty **** in the UAE IPL tbf but he will definitely be missed.
More than any other format of the game, averages and SR mean very little without context in T20Is. I just dont think he is that good a T20 player and if him being ready for tests is what is at stake, I would gladly drop him from the T20s if I was in charge.

Still do think he is your most proven bet at #3 for T20Is but there is no reason why a Marnus should not do as well, if not better, for example.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Idk, Smith averages 40 @140 at 3 in t20I's, and has a great overall record in the ipl on decks that the t20WC is being hosted on. Was pretty **** in the UAE IPL tbf but he will definitely be missed.
Thinking that he wouldn't be one of Australia's best players in T20, or that he wouldn't be in the team, is laughable. Similar to Burgey though, would be happy for him to miss it so he's ready for proper cricket.

Chrish

International Debutant
Assuming no more of sandpaper and “Chinese” virus, how many tests do you guys think Smith will end up playing?

Burgey

As many as he wants. If there was no pandemic I would say 120 plus, but there's likely to be reduced tours for a while still, so he may not get to that many, which would be a shame.

Daemon

Two more series imo. Will be replaced by Travis Head who will eventually take over as captain.

Slifer

International Captain
I'm seriously hoping Smith gets more tests against the 'weaker' teams and totally goes mental. Why? He hasn't played them as often and is still light years ahead of his contemporaries. Should be able to open up an even bigger gap....

TheJediBrah

I'm seriously hoping Smith gets more tests against the 'weaker' teams and totally goes mental. Why? He hasn't played them as often and is still light years ahead of his contemporaries. Should be able to open up an even bigger gap....
Doubt it tbh. I think he's one of those players that does better against better bowling and generally gets himself out. Put him out there against spuds and I don't think he's going to average more than 65-70 or whatever he has been.