• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wastemen etc

Who the better batsman

• Ajay Jadeja

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mahmudullah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think he has actually maximised his talent to have done what he has. Needs to be commended for that.
Sounds about right. His batting seems to be better than anyone could reasonably have hoped for, bowling less so.

The bigger question is whether you'd rather have him or his dad in your side.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds about right. His batting seems to be better than anyone could reasonably have hoped for, bowling less so.

The bigger question is whether you'd rather have him or his dad in your side.
His dad's probably a bit long in the tooth by now.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree with the above comments but considering the previous game it's not the best timing is it.

Jack1

International Debutant
I actually think his main talent is pinch hitting ability in limited overs, so yes England look like wasting that. Other than that he's a decent bowler that lacks consistency and good plans. Also probably lacks a bit of pace. He's not a bad player though by any means and needs to improve his death bowling. His batting has underperformed for England, but he's batted far too low down at times

Jack1

International Debutant
He’s batted far down because there’s no way on earth he displaced any of the top order.
Probably not worth it currently (especially in ODIs), but could have been in the past. Looking at the t20 team and Malan at 3 it is still a possible option in t20 to bat him top 3. It doesn't matter if he gets out quickly, it's worth gambling a lower order batsman as pinch hitter if they come off occasionally. Still, the question was can he fulfil his potential and that's only really possible for him personally if he bats up the order in ODIs and T20. I was just answering the question, rather than saying I necessarily wanted him up the order. He probably shouldn't be in the ODI team at all.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Oh for my mind he definitely shouldn't be near any England team but the media like his Dad so pushed his case incessantly

slippy888

International Captain
Darren Bravo

Is the man going to mature and apologize to Windies cricket before its to late and he will have no more international cricket, at this rate he gonna be wasted talent.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's life man. Sometimes we make decisions that tend to screw us. Success comes when you play hard. Negotiating is a hard pill to swallow, but at the end there's a compromise. Young Darren got caught up with the instant success that which half-brother was exploiting. Darren wanted that.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Is there any cricketing thought in your brain that doesn't get spewed out on here like pasag's lunch in India?