• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was Sehwag the greatest player of spin in the hisory of the game ??

Was Sehwag greatest spin player?

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
Border was a finger spinner m8

*6/9 m8

get your **** together guys, I can't be correcting you on here all day I have work to do
Border was a finger spinner? I always thought he was a part time chinaman bowler like Katich and Bevan. Figured it was one of those weird Australian things to have crabby left handed batsmen who bowl part time legbreaks.

All this time Burgey was a fan of finger spin. Who knew?

Borges

International Regular
Let us get this back on track, please. To the all important Warne vs Murali debate.

Particularly since the 'Murali was injured when he bowled in Australia; otherwise he would have outbowled Warne there' proposition has not yet made its appearance.
A glaring omission, that diminishes the fullness of this high quality debate.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Murali just had one actual tour to Australia imo. The 2007-08 one with the Sanga 192 almost miracle until the miracle was dismantled by the umpire. And he didn't do well. But I don't know how much to extrapolate from two tests.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can extrapolate from my analysis of still frames and moving replays that it is a miracle that Murali didn't develop severe elbow issues throughout his career. They must be made of titanium.

Borges

International Regular
I can extrapolate from my analysis that with the performance enhancement drugs that he took, it is a miracle that Warne didn't suffer from chronic renal failure.
His kidneys must be made of Molybdenum.

TheJediBrah

Actually the diuretics Warne took are often used to treat the effects of chronic renal failure, and certainly wouldn't cause it

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Poor Warne, having to hail from a country where leg spinners haven't found much success. Much easier for Murali, playing in SL with no one else to grab away his share of wickets. And even then he struggled against India. Woeful record. Even more woeful when you consider Warne was injured/fat when playing against India.
Leg spinners haven't found much success in Australia?

lol Australia is always known for it leg-spinners. Are you unaware of the cricketing history? Australia have produced imo the three of the greatest leggies the world has seen. Grimmet and Bill O'Rilley are the others. So clearly you are lacking knowledge to say leg-spinners haven't had much success in Australia.

Murali did struggle against India, then what about Warne? He struggled even further.

Murali's overall record vs India 105 wickets at an average of 33

Warne's overall record vs India 43 wickets at an average of 47.18

Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

That's a massive difference. So once again your logic is flawed. Warne obviously struggled against India due to their quality Indian batting.

Murali on the other hand had fared way better than India.

This imo is the best yardstick to compare the two spinners. How they fared against quality Indian test batsmen

TheJediBrah

lol Australia is always known for it leg-spinners. Are you unaware of the cricketing history? Australia have produced imo the three of the greatest leggies the world has seen. Grimmet and Bill O'Rilley are the others. So clearly you are lacking knowledge to say leg-spinners haven't had much success in Australia.

Murali did struggle against India, then what about Warne? He struggled even further.

That's a massive difference. So once again your logic is flawed. Warne obviously struggled against India due to their quality Indian batting.

This imo is the best yardstick to compare the two spinners. How they fared against quality Indian test batsmen
Do you not understand sarcasm?

and lol

Borges

International Regular
Actually the diuretics Warne took are often used to treat the effects of chronic renal failure, and certainly wouldn't cause it
Ah, I see. So he did suffer from chronic renal failure, and took medication for it. Though I don't sympathise too much; that is what happens to a lot of drug cheats.

TheJediBrah

Ah, I see. So he did suffer from chronic renal failure, and took medication for it. Though I don't sympathise too much; that is what happens to a lot of drug cheats.
Mustn't have been using very good drugs. Probably only ATVG ones.

harsh.ag

Take a Gnske 101 class

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Sorry JediBrah, I know you don't like this.

"The two spinners Warne and Muttiah, I would face Warne anyday. Muttiah always confused me."

OverratedSanity

Sorry JediBrah, I know you don't like this.

"The two spinners Warne and Muttiah, I would face Warne anyday. Muttiah always confused me."

Well he also says Murali used to lose confidence if Lara got a start, whereas Warne would get better as the innings progressed. Doesn't help your case.

TheJediBrah

I agree totally. Would much rather face Warne. No way I'd be picking Murali.

haha when you clearly lack the comprehension to argue.
wtf he's agreeing with you. He was being sarcastic. I don't think he's the one with the comprehension issues just quietly.

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Test matches played by SL attracted very less attention, compared to that of Australia.

Murali would have been rated way higher than the rest, if he got to compete abroad more often.

For a matter of fact Murali played only 5 games in Australia from a total career of 135 matches.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
More on Murali.

So I guess that's it.

Murali said Lara was the toughest he had bowled to and similarly Lara said Murali's the toughest face to.

So I guess it confirms Lara was the best player of spin, and then maybe Sehwag.

harsh.ag

haha when you clearly lack the comprehension to argue.
Amaze.

Perhaps at some point you might want to have a thought along the lines of "people other than me have brains too and I should be more modest, use more of my brain, and be less of a **** while replying to them"