• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WANTED: One English wicket-keeper

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Note the use of the word "If" - it was in response to someone saying that he shouldn't be selected because of his age - I was saying that age is not a problem "if" he's the best option - I wasn't saying I think he's the best option.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
tell me guys surely there are some good keepers going around in county or are the 3 keepers over here the best out of the current players

tooextracool

International Coach
While i don't agree with playing someone so old as him, i admit now he is the best man for the job but i stand by my first posts that some Youth would be needed.
nixon averaging 7 with the bat cannot and i repeat cannot be the best wicket keeping option in the country. Surely there has to be someone who is at least nearly as good as him and about 15 years younger. In which case at least hed be worth persisting with based on a possible future.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
tell me guys surely there are some good keepers going around in county or are the 3 keepers over here the best out of the current players
Foster's keeping is supposed to have improved since he last played for England, and he's a handy bat nowadays. Davies is the flavour of the month in terms of up & coming young keepers, but his batting has a long way to go.