• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Vote* for Season 9 5D MVP

Who is your Season 9 5D MVP?

• Total voters

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can`t really go past Tarique. Dominated for the Greens, and not just with the ball. Superstar.

Honoured to be nominated *stiffles laugh*

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
im just curious as to why Rob has 3 votes and is equal second and im not even nominted despite outplaying him...
Well if you want to come to Red and outplay him against next season - we'll be happy for you to come and then your point about nominations would have relevance.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
im interested to know how i won the award for best batsman last year when Blue only won about 5 games, on this logic i shouldnt have even been nominted...
im just curious as to why Rob has 3 votes and is equal second and im not even nominted despite outplaying him... this crap about not contributing to matches where we won is just a weak excuse imo...

Nath and Sean are the only ones you can compare to for nominations are they are limited at 2 per team.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Well if you want to come to Red and outplay him against next season - we'll be happy for you to come and then your point about nominations would have relevance.
my point was more to do with the system, why should there be 2 from each team if they arent neccisarily deserving...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I voted for Weber, his spell of 6/13 or something ******** is definetly up there with moments i've remebered in my two seasons here.

Well done to Nath and Sean for being hte blue nominees :) Both very deserving.
On that note, i'd like to personally congratulate Adam for an awseome season with the ball also.

Simon, please, the blues is not about you -all- the time. I think Liam made the correct nomination decisions.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
im interested to know how i won the award for best batsman last year when Blue only won about 5 games, on this logic i shouldnt have even been nominted...
im just curious as to why Rob has 3 votes and is equal second and im not even nominted despite outplaying him... this crap about not contributing to matches where we won is just a weak excuse imo...
Simon, no offence, but build a bridge. Do you think complaining will change anything?? Seriously, no matter how proud of yourself you are, remember, the best thing to do is remain quiet :p

Anyway.. it's easily T.V. Weber for me, his 6/13 in the first match just set the tone for the rest of the season. Honoured to be nominated, but it's pretty clear cut who will win.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Although I`m stoked with my effort, I`m very surprised Adam wasn`t there. I respect your system Liam, but Adz is the real bowling key in our team.

Simon

Simon, please, the blues is not about you -all- the time
i agree, however i fail to see how the mvp is about blue and not who had the best season, for the record i dont think i would have won, but i do believe i had a better season than some people nominated...

Mr Mxyzptlk

broncoman said:
i agree, however i fail to see how the mvp is about blue and not who had the best season, for the record i dont think i would have won, but i do believe i had a better season than some people nominated...
Bring da beat back. Let's break it down...

SG Fitzsimmons FC Season 9

38 & 3 vs Black (W)
DNP vs Colts
DNP vs Reds
17 & 21 vs Green (D)
43 & 22 vs Black (L)
96 & 3 vs Colts (W)
16 & 23 vs Red (L)
21 & 59 vs Green (W)
27 & 24 vs Black (W)
7 & 0 vs Colts (W)

Played 8 of the first 10 games of the season: 420 runs @ 26.25

7 & 78* vs Red (D)
66 & 95 vs Green (L)
5 & 26 vs Black (D)
213 & DNB vs Colts (W)
130 & 89 vs Red (D)
4 & 66 vs Green (W)
38 & 34 vs Green (L) - final

Last 6 games: 851 runs @ 70.92
However, it says you final tally of runs is 1266, rather than the 1271 that this count gives you, but that's just a technicality as I made a slight error somewhere.

Are you honestly MVP numbers? Does the Most Valuable Player in the league stroll through two thirds of the season with a mid20s average and then pile it on to improve his record to "MVP calibre" numbers at the end? Tell me which of those players was less meaningful to his team than you were to Blue.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Ooh, do mine too. :) Not because I want to be nominated, I just want to see my stats. :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Adamc said:
Ooh, do mine too. :) Not because I want to be nominated, I just want to see my stats. :p
DNP vs Black (W)
3/26 & 0/35 vs Colts (W)
2/23 & 4/24 vs Red (W)
5/91 & 2/78 vs Green (D)
2/18 & 2/74 vs Black (L)
2/41 & 3/20 vs Colts (W)
3/78 & 1/48 vs Red (L)
3/84 & 1/37 vs Green (W)
0/40 & 0/29 vs Black (W)
3/17 & 1/35 vs Colts (W)
3/41 & 1/32 vs Red (D)
3/54 & 0/10 vs Green (L)
1/64 & 1/39 vs Black (D)
4/67 & 2/21 vs Colts (W)
1/73 & 0/11 vs Red (D)
3/44 & 2/52 vs Green (W)
2/25 & 0/11 vs Green (L) - final

AAA Collins
vs Colts : 18 wickets @ 14.56
vs Red : 15 wickets @ 22.00
vs Green : 21 wickets @ 23.14
vs Black : 6 wickets @ 44.00

And no, I won't be doing this for everybody. Adam's just lucky I HAD a bit of time on my hands.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't actually expect you to do that, so thanks! :) Looks like I'm a bit of a minnow-basher, sorry Colts. :p