• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vintcent Van Der Bij

a massive zebra

International Captain
Definitely a contender for the title of best bowler never to win a Test cap, but "almost certainly the finest" is a bit of a stretch. Can we really say he was outright better than the likes of William Lillywhite, George Freeman, Charles Kortwright, Bart King, Don Shepherd, Rajinder Goel, Garth Le Roux and Franklyn Stephenson?

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definitely a contender for the title of best bowler never to win a Test cap, but "almost certainly" is a push. Can we really say he was outright better than the likes of William Lillywhite, George Freeman, Charles Kortwright, Bart King, Don Shepherd, Rajinder Goel, Garth Le Roux and Franklyn Stephenson?
I thought about Bart King, which is why the word 'almost' got in there, but I think there's daylight between Big Vince and the others you mention, fine bowlers though they were

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another impressive addition to the oeuvre.

Have you ever done a piece on Cec Pepper, fred, by the way?

I vaguely remember a biography review but can't recall a piece on him as such.