• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vincent - Out of the WC 2007 bcoz of Wrist Injury

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What you need to remember in the above article is that the ECB Never asked for this, it was all media hype when we were getting destoryed in Australia and the media looking for options outside the party.
I'm not sure how much was the media looking tor options and how much was Darren Gough looking for options...

Natman20

International Debutant
Marshall is the worst call up and i'm sure Papps would have been ahead of him if he had been in the world cup 30. Our top order now seems very brittle.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Marshall is the worst call up and i'm sure Papps would have been ahead of him if he had been in the world cup 30. Our top order now seems very brittle.
Can not see how losing a cricketer like Lou Vincent would make the top order more brittle. Lou is one of the reasons for why New Zealand has the reputation of its batting not starting to at least the number five arrives at the crease.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can not see how losing a cricketer like Lou Vincent would make the top order more brittle. Lou is one of the reasons for why New Zealand has the reputation of its batting not starting to at least the number five arrives at the crease.
And yet aside from his 2 ducks to start the World Cup, he's been in exceptional form since his recall. Even with the 2 ducks, he averages over 52 since his recall in January. And only one of those innings came against Canada.

thierry henry

International Coach
:thumbup:

Replace Vincent with anyone (prolly Fulton). If he fails, same old same old. If he doesn't, bonus. Makes little difference.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
And yet aside from his 2 ducks to start the World Cup, he's been in exceptional form since his recall. Even with the 2 ducks, he averages over 52 since his recall in January. And only one of those innings came against Canada.
Form is temporary, class is permanent or lack of evident in his not so impressive ODI record.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
The funny thing is if they had selected any one else and this includes grand pa Joe from next door, no one would have protested and suggested they should have sent hamish marshall.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is really gonna hurt because we have absolutely no other opening options. Marshall isn't really an appropriate replacement. His only good form in the last 12 months has been in the longer form of the game, and he's not an opener anyway. Peter Fulton batting at the top would probably be just a waste of a wicket, and we'll need him at no. 3 anyway if Taylor stays injured. New Zealand's side is looking increasingly unbalanced. Hopefully Gillespie hasn't suffered too badly from his injury layoff, and Taylor's strain will come good before the last few games.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Marshall in superlative form this very minute for Northern Districts (albeit in a FC fixture) - hammering the young Canty attack all over the park.

pasag

RTDAS
Jeez, looks like NZ takes the cake when it comes to WC injuries. Gotta feel for the bloke as well.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Hamish Marshall seems in pretty good form atm smashing the Cant. attack.

Anyone got his stats for this season?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Good call sending Hamish Marshall in my opinion - don't shoot me yet LOL. I doubt he'll play a match but he is the best fieldsman remaining in New Zealand. With only two places for Fulton, Styris and McMillan previously, it now enables all three to play (if Fulton opens which I believe he will). It doesn't really weaken the batting and 12th man Marshall maintains the fielding standard.

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
bad luck for nz now....had mills, vincent and tuffey all ruled out of the tournament and then 2 smaller injuries for gillespie and taylor....pretty frustrating.

with all there current squad in west indies fit the best team wud probly have 2 be like this:

1. Fleming
2. Fulton
3. Taylor
4. Styris
5. McMillan
6. Oram
7. McCullum
8. Vettori
9. Franklin
10. Bond
11. Patel or Gillespie

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good call sending Hamish Marshall in my opinion - don't shoot me yet LOL. I doubt he'll play a match but he is the best fieldsman remaining in New Zealand. With only two places for Fulton, Styris and McMillan previously, it now enables all three to play (if Fulton opens which I believe he will). It doesn't really weaken the batting and 12th man Marshall maintains the fielding standard.
agree with all that 100%

pup11

International Coach
Marshall started his career pretty well but his career graph has nose-dived in the recent past, i regarded him as a good young prospect but he has failed to deliver the goods.

I would have prefered Matthew Sinclair over Marshall because Sinclair is an opener and deserves one more chance.

Anyways who is now gonna open with Fleming, i think it could be Fulton.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Form is temporary, class is permanent or lack of evident in his not so impressive ODI record.
But in his latest incarnation he's successful. It's not like I'm drawing on a period from 3 years ago, saying he was in great form then. I'm making reference to him right now, meaning that he could very well carry on and prove a class player from this platform.