• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vanilla draft

Bitmap

First Class Debutant
Charles Macartney

1)Herbert Sutcliffe
2)Graham Gooch
3)Charles Macartney
4)Younis Khan
5)Steve Waugh
6)BJ Watling+
7)Shakib Al Hasan
8)Imran Khan(C)
9)Alan Davidson
10)Hugh Tayfield
11)John Snow

Himannv

International Coach
01. Arthur Morris /
02. Bruce Mitchell /
03. Neil Harvey /
04. Graeme Pollock /
05. Frank Worrell* /o
06. Les Ames+ /
07. Wilfred Rhodes /o
08. Ray Lindwall o/
09. Dale Steyn o
10. Fred Trueman o
11. Stuart MacGill o

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Justin Langer

Saeed Anwar
Justin Langer
Jacques Kallis
Dudley Nourse
Javed Miandad
Michael Clarke*
Alan Knott+
Wasim Akram
Clarrie Grimmett
Michael Holding
Courtney Walsh

shortpitched713

International Captain
Struggled between him and a particular other batsman, both of whom I'm amazed are still available at this point but I will go with:

Mohammad Yousuf

Final Team

01. Matthew Hayden
02. David Warner
03. Kumar Sangakkara + *
04. Kevin Pietersen
05. Mohammad Yousuf
06. Michael Hussey
07. Ian Botham (3)
08. Jason Holder (4)
09. Wes Hall (2)
10. Muttiah Muralitharan (5)
11. James Anderson (1)

Overall pretty happy. Especially like the depth on both batting and bowling sides. 6 spec bats, 2 allrounders, and even Hall being a surprisingly decent contributor at 9 give it a short tail. Bowling side have 5 world class bowlers, and the relatively less juice of the change seamers is in my mind more than made up for by having a GOAT spinner.

After the remaining member's picks are done, I'm planning on doing a sim of these teams planned for next weekend. Excited to see how all these teams go, and also looking forward to this vote, which I've yet to participate in one yet!

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Still a lot of quality keepers but went for the exciting option in McCullum. He started his test career at 8 (behind Oram and Cairns at 6/7 and ahead of Vettori), so after a lot of thought went with him.

Will be a fun team to watch, although I couldn't imagine Lawry and Barrington getting into BazBall even if McCullum encourages it.

He can also be a player coach if required.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Final team

01. Gordon Greenidge
02. Bill Lawry
03. Ken Barrington
04. Steve Smith
05. Ted Dexter 6 (c)
06. Keith Miller
07. Aubrey Faulkner
08. Brendon McCullum (wk)
09. Ravi Ashwin
10. Kagiso Rabada
11. Curtley Ambrose

Very happy with this side. Amazing batting lineup from an ATG top 4 down to McCullum and Ashwin at 8 and 9, 5 quality bowlers led by big Curtley (helps having two elite all rounders in Miller and Faulkner) with a decent 4th seamer in Dexter. Even Barrington and Smith are options if more spin is needed.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
I opted for Inzi over MoYo, FWIW

ataraXIa:

1) Barry Richards /
2) Vijay Merchant /
3) George Headley /
4) Viv Richards /
5) Inzamam ul-Haq /
6) Garfield Sobers / o
7) John Waite + /
8) Richie Benaud o /
9) Brian Statham o
10) Waqar Younis o
11) Shoaib Akhtar o

A side constructed around Sobers, and full of stars. Bowling attack a little weak but can still hold its own.