• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I had an e-mail from NZC today asking me for my feedback on the Test match I'd seen at the Basin this summer. Obviously gave it high marks, but they left an "other comments" field at the end with which I provided feedback on their selection of Scott Kuggeleijn. It looks like a unique link that they provide (though maybe you can resubmit) but for those who received a similar e-mail from NZC, I heartily encourage providing them with constructive feedback!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I had an e-mail from NZC today asking me for my feedback on the Test match I'd seen at the Basin this summer. Obviously gave it high marks, but they left an "other comments" field at the end with which I provided feedback on their selection of Scott Kuggeleijn. It looks like a unique link that they provide (though maybe you can resubmit) but for those who received a similar e-mail from NZC, I heartily encourage providing them with constructive feedback!
402760.jpg

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Apparently NZ u19 has been named, playing ICC qualifiers.

Can't find any news on it though. Only what my club posted on FB.

jcas0167

International Debutant
"Reserves:
Connor Stewart (Canterbury)
Will Julian (Wellington)
Matt Rowe (Central Districts)
Mason Clarke (Otago)

The squad will be led by head coach Jonny Bassett-Graham, with support from Graeme Aldridge (bowling coach) and Paul Wiseman (assistant coach).

New Zealand Under 19 will take part in three training camps at New Zealand Cricket’s High Performance Centre in Lincoln starting tomorrow, before departing for Australia on June 9."

Also, Josh Finnie retires.

Immenso

"Reserves:
Connor Stewart (Canterbury)
Will Julian (Wellington)
Matt Rowe (Central Districts)
Mason Clarke (Otago)

The squad will be led by head coach Jonny Bassett-Graham, with support from Graeme Aldridge (bowling coach) and Paul Wiseman (assistant coach).

New Zealand Under 19 will take part in three training camps at New Zealand Cricket’s High Performance Centre in Lincoln starting tomorrow, before departing for Australia on June 9."
Not many, if any, of those selected statistically stood out that played in the U19s tournament this year, but some dominant players statistically from the U17s.

Selection will be based on a mix of players from the U19s and U17s, depending on their ages at time of next U19 world cup, I assume.

Rowe and Clarke were the 2 bowlers who stood out to me in the matches that were streamed (in the U17 tournament).
One of the Wellington opening bats also stood out to me as a guy who could attack from ball 1. Think it was Will Julian actually.

Interesting that all are in reserves, only.

This probably shows my interest is limited to seeing the opening bowlers (and therefore the opening batsmen by default ... and switch off as soon as the middle overs yawn begins. And tbf, at that age grade level you'd expect the quality to start dropping significantly once you get into the change bowlers etc)

The Hutt Rec

Is this World Cup actually happening? Under five months to go and we don't even have a schedule. I'm surprised there isn't more concern about this in the media that I can see, usually World Cup draws are announced years in advance - this seems extremely amateur.

Actually was thinking of going to a few games but I'd say that's impossible now.

Moss

Is this World Cup actually happening? Under five months to go and we don't even have a schedule. I'm surprised there isn't more concern about this in the media that I can see, usually World Cup draws are announced years in advance - this seems extremely amateur.

Actually was thinking of going to a few games but I'd say that's impossible now.
I guess it’s another sign of the IPL’s pre-eminence (and the decline of 50-over cricket), they don’t want World Cup announcements overshadowing the main event of the year.

I don’t usually indulge in BCCI bashing for the sake of it, but unfortunately one area where they continue to let the cricketing public down is the stadium experience and practically everything to do with it, which includes zero concern for travelling fans. The recent India Australia test which got moved from Dharamsala to Indore was a case in point, a bunch of fans who planned their itinerary around Dharamsala lost a lot of money as a result and there was not so much as a public apology from the board.

EDIT: I see the ODI Super league itself is not done, and the qualifiers for the last 2 spots will be held in Zimbabwe in June-July! Still stand by the above paragraph, but yeah incredibly amateurish from the ICC.

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
I was vaguely thinking of going to India to watch some of the World Cup, but in a very rich white tourist who doesn’t care about ‘authenticity’ and just wants to have a cruisey time kinda way. These last few posts are not encouraging.