• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
You reckon? I reckon this tops it. CDG was a nationally contracted player. We'd written off Anderson's career as largely done years ago, now he's seemingly earned a spot off North American T20 form. Massive surprise
I can see that.

The main reason I didn't think it topped CDG was the total surprise factor that nobody seemed to know he was in the draft, then how it led to his international retirement.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You reckon? I reckon this tops it. CDG was a nationally contracted player. We'd written off Anderson's career as largely done years ago, now he's seemingly earned a spot off North American T20 form. Massive surprise
What astounds me is Anderson's only 32. I say only because it feels like he's been around forever (I mean tbf he debuted 10 years ago now).

Given his age he's probably going to get a black caps call up #juststeadthoughts

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He became eligible for the USA team earlier this year, surprised he wasn't picked for the World Cup qualifiers.
MLC and Cricket USA are feuding over various things; I don't think you'll see the recently qualified ringers who went over to play MLC picked until that's sorted out.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It really is a remarkable return from the wilderness for Corey, who if I remember right was dropped from the Auckland XI a couple of seasons ago due to woeful performances.

jcas0167

International Debutant
What astounds me is Anderson's only 32. I say only because it feels like he's been around forever (I mean tbf he debuted 10 years ago now).

Given his age he's probably going to get a black caps call up #juststeadthoughts
It seemed for a while he might be the new Cairns. Had gave that impression of a man amongst boys - just bigger and stronger than the others. I think Neesham said on this forum that when it came to ball striking ability that Andersen was the best. Will be a decade this summer since he broke the ODI record for fastest century.

NZTailender

It seemed for a while he might be the new Cairns. Had gave that impression of a man amongst boys - just bigger and stronger than the others. I think Neesham said on this forum that when it came to ball striking ability that Andersen was the best. Will be a decade this summer since he broke the ODI record for fastest century.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Howes post not far under that was pretty decent
Yeah, Woakes and Bairstow was a pretty good call. Interesting to see Tamati Clarke mentioned too as someone with great see the ball - hit the ball ability. Good that his younger brother Katene looks to have similar talent.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Nah I think you play both him and Milne as much as possible. Consider it a final playoff for the WC speedster spot.
Yeah, it’s probably a long shot, but if Ferguson can hit some form then he’s a big plus. Worth giving him one final shot, while also giving Milne every opportunity as well.

NZTailender

Without Bracewell we look light in the spinning department. Big gap between Sodhi/santner and then Phillips, Ravindra and chapman.

I'd go:

Young
Conway
Williamson
Mitchell
Latham+
Philips
Neesham
Santner
Henry
Sodhi
Boult

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
What do we make of Neesham's selection? I've said in the past it would be harsh not to select him on the basis of T20I form, given he's had such limited opportunities in ODIs since 2019, but jeez he hasn't given us much to go on in any format.

With Mitchell increasingly a pure batsman, CDG gone and Bracewell out does he pretty much make it by default as the only seam bowling allrounder/last allrounder standing?