• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Unofficial*** Fawad Alam discussion thread

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He didn't look that good to me the recent odis tbh.
He's averaging 77 this year, there is no argument to support him being dropped (if that is indeed what this is rather than him being rested because they already know they want him in the WC first XI and are simply trying to sort out the rest or something)

slowfinger

International Debutant
I just don't understand why noone isn't outraged? If he is indeed dropped, surely the whole CW community should share my sentiment?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's averaging 77 this year, there is no argument to support him being dropped (if that is indeed what this is rather than him being rested because they already know they want him in the WC first XI and are simply trying to sort out the rest or something)
Fair enough. Was just giving my own impressions of him, that's all. I do remember him playing a damn good knock in the Asia Cup final, so yeah, he's probably hard done by.

It's not too surprising though. I've heard nepotism runs deep in the Pakistani cricket setup. Take Shan Masood for example. His father is a member of PCB's governing body and he's getting undeserved opportunities repeatedly for absolutely no reason.

I just don't understand why noone isn't outraged? If he is indeed dropped, surely the whole CW community should share my sentiment?
That's more to do with the general lack of Pakistani membership and generally people who follow Pakistan's domestic scene. Pak and WI are very poorly represented here.

Niall

International Coach
He was woeful against Australia yeah but he deserved the series or at least a few games against NZ. The fact he is has been dropped to bring back a long term failure in Younis Khan is very sad.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Oh wow, look at his last 10 matches. 800+ runs at an average of 90. WHY IS HE NOT IN THE TEAM HE IS AN ANIMAL!!!!

Niall

International Coach
Good news for Fawad?

After failing so hard against NZ, end of the line for Shafiq in this format.

Bad news?

Younis getting a century after years of doing nothing, guarantees his spot for the next five years no matter how crap his contribution is.

steelo green

Cricket Spectator
Fawad Alam is one of the saddest stories in cricket. Players who have never performed play over him based on technique and class of which others do not have, but supposedly do such as the touted and extremely disappointing Shafiq, is one of the biggest insults in cricket.

SeamUp

International Coach
One of the biggest jokes was Nasir Jamshed being recalled to the Pakistan ODI recently. Absolute shambles.

Fawad goes to Kenya and piled so more runs there I think too. Not that it means too much.

slowfinger

International Debutant
One of the biggest jokes was Nasir Jamshed being recalled to the Pakistan ODI recently. Absolute shambles.

Fawad goes to Kenya and piled so more runs there I think too. Not that it means too much.
I think you mean when Kenya came to Pakistan?