• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Unofficial*** Fawad Alam discussion thread

salman85

International Debutant
I was responding to his 'he averages xyz' argument.If we're going to go by averages,then there are batsman in Pakistan who should be ahead of Fawad in the pecking order.But going by averages is the wrong way.I don't want to sound like i hate Fawad,because i don't.He's a decent batsman,but there is no way in hell that he is as good as slowfinger makes him out to be.

slowfinger

International Debutant
omg guys, I just had the weirdest dream... Pakistan was playing a test and we needed like 300 more to win... Alam scored I think 114 to save us the match and everyone was posting about him here... Im scared now...:ph34r:

Howe_zat

Audio File
As I wasn't properly following Pakistan cricket back then, what was the thinking behind his dropping in 2009?

salman85

International Debutant
He was dropped in 2010.After the SA series if im not wrong.

He was dropped because he was isn't good enough for the ODI format.Simple.Doesn't pack enough muscle.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I am a little restless now... Our order collapsed yesterday and yet we can't have a solid player who values his wicket.... Fawad, we need you!

slowfinger

International Debutant
President Trophy Cup.. Scores 466 runs... Still not selected.

Yeah because nearly 500 runs doesn't justify a selection whereas having family/paying the selectors does...

slowfinger

International Debutant
Never got much support on this. Hardly check these days but his recent axing just made me lose the plot completely. This is pure discrimination from the PCB.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah, but he should definitely be in the odi side. There is some problem that PCB seem to have with him