• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 World Cup fixtures

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite worried about the Black Caps, could see both Sri Lanka and Kenya beating us potentially.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
people doubted the world cup in the beggeining to but now look where its at
No, they didn't, it was almost universally agreed to be a great idea. Given that one-day cricket had been being played for 12 years before it was first staged.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Two groups of six and then quarters, semis and finals would have been better. But at least it's not going to drag on for a month, unlike the ICC's other concoctions.

pup11

International Coach
I think taking 20twenty seriously would be a bad move for game of cricket, its good fun and it should just be limited to that.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Straight Knockout is the way to goo for Twenty20
The matches are short and results are too unpredictable. It's better for the game to have a group stage, given that it's not going to drag like the World Cup at the moment. The whole competition could be done in two weeks regardless of the format.

Whatever format is used, the most important factor must surely be trying to maximise the size of the crowd, especially after what we've seen so far in the West Indies. The limited number of cities may be a drawback, since people are unlikely going to go to more than a couple of games. Perhaps the geography of South Africa makes it difficult to have many more. If the competition was held in England, we could easily have in excess of 10 venues, spreading the matches around the country and maximising the audience.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Probably will when England host their own. Regardless of my own thoughts of the format, it's essential that we wring every last drop of everything it's possible to wring from our own hosting of the tournament.

pup11

International Coach
One thing is for sure Twenty20 attracts audiences a lot more than any other form of the game, so I$C£C? shouldn't have a problem in filling up the stadiums for Twenty20 games.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Thing that sucks is that we have even more non-Test match cricket :cry:
im actually looking forward to this tournament TBH! It should be awesome entertainment for everyone and it is a type of tournament in which should attract all the neutrals out there as well!

In terms of who should win it....not too sure TBH...i would think that it would be the ones who have played it the most...aussies, SA and england should be contenders to win it.....but the fire powers of sri lanka and NZ may be too hot to handle....

Notice that i havent mentioned india...that is because im gonna mention them now...If the big guns fire, india WILL win and im sure of it...just dont know if the main guys do well. I would think that india will take it seriously since they got embarrased in the main WC....i dont think india can afford more embarrasements!

LA ICE-E

State Captain
well i surely dont want bd to knock out the host like they were in 2003 but as for who will win it...it looks like australia because the got the power to hit it better than anyone...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
yeah it is but its just that for domestic cricket to make some money...international cricket have to be "ungreedy"...because hat format is perfect for domestice cricket...and so it should be really limited at international level with a world championship held every 2 years and may be a 20/20 per series thats it...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you ignore all the prestige, history etc. I'd far sooner watch the Twenty20 World Cup than the current 50 over World Cup. Even with the prestige, history I'd far sooner watch the Twenty20 World Cup.