• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 Finals Day 2009

Howzatone

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi there,

Was just wondering where the venue was this as I can't seem to find it online.

Thanks,

Teddingtonian

Cricket Spectator
Rose Bowl, Hampshire.
Two years running? Doubt it.

As far as I can make out, so far it's only ever been played at Trent Bridge (twice), Edgbaston (twice), Oval and Rose Bowl (once each). It's be nice to think it would be Lords, but as they have the FP Trophy Final, it would seem a bit greedy!

I'd heard a rumour that the 2010 Final would be at the Riverside. But 'd be interested in any more info on where the 2009 Final is going to be held.

In CC, CricketWeb.
Whereabouts - I can't find it.

Howzatone

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
But that's for the English Domestic Season 2009? Or are you saying that it tells you in that thread as I can't find it?

Thanks,

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eh? :huh: It's for the domestic season 2008. Anything else and it wouldn't be being posted on currently.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Eh? :huh: It's for the domestic season 2008. Anything else and it wouldn't be being posted on currently.
No idea what you are talking about Richard.

This thread is for Season 2009 and you want them to post in the 2008 thread. :blink:

Frankly, I think this is threadworthy.

And you didnt answer the question.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No idea what you are talking about Richard.

This thread is for Season 2009 and you want them to post in the 2008 thread. :blink:

Frankly, I think this is threadworthy.
:laugh:

Teach me to not read thread titles properly when they've got "Twenty20" in them.

It probably could still go in this season's thread mind, but yeah, I see what the poster means now. Still rather confusing to say "but that's for" when he means "but this is for" though.
And you didnt answer the question.
Don't know the answer TBH, nor do I care.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I can't find the answer anywhere but I am sure it was announced when the Test schedules for 09, 10 and 11 were given out

stumpski

International Captain
I'd have thought Old Trafford and Headingley would be in the running - Manchester especially as they won't have a Test next year.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I can confirm that it will be held at Edgbaston next year :D

See, I know these things as I now work in the ticket office :D

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wasn't a problem last time, or indeed any other year. Just hold in between two Tests

Teddingtonian

Cricket Spectator
Wasn't a problem last time, or indeed any other year. Just hold in between two Tests
There are back to back tests that run over the obvious choices 1st or 8th August, meaning that it would need to be on the 26th July (which is earlier than it's been since its first year - and is probably too early to fit in unless the groups start earlier than usual) or the 15th August (later than ever before and a likely date for the FP Trophy Final, given that the following weekend is the Oval Test).

So it's not that straightforward. I'm interested to get an early heads up because this year I managed to book my holiday right over the date of the FP Trophy Final. As a Durham supporter, it didn't matter so much in the end ... but it nearly did.