• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TV Coverage - ICC fail again

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Once again, the ICC have made a hash of (I assume) tendering out the broadcast contract. By the looks of it, it's the same OB/directing crews who did the last Twenty20 World Cup where I complained my **** off. What is their insistence on using the low-down long-off camera for the occasional live ball coverage? It's completely off-putting.

biased indian

International Coach
Once again, the ICC have made a hash of (I assume) tendering out the broadcast contract. By the looks of it, it's the same OB/directing crews who did the last Twenty20 World Cup where I complained my **** off. What is their insistence on using the low-down long-off camera for the occasional live ball coverage? It's completely off-putting.
think you will have to live With them till 2015 for ALL icc related events

biased indian

International Coach
think you will have to live With them till 2015 for ALL icc related events
wanted to ask all about the coverage you get in the News channel regarding the world cup...do they do after match analysis in your part of the worl if so who is the cricket expert doing it..becuase of what i have seen here there are not many cricketers left in the world for any other country to have cricket discussed

the list of players i have seen so far

Sir Vivian Richards, Imran Khan, Allan Border, Chris Cairns, Anil Kumble, Zaheer Abbas, Murli Kartik, Kirti Azad , Shane bond,Arun lal,Mandira bedi :);Grame Hick,Barry Richards, Ganguly , sidhu,tony greig, sanath jayasurya,atul wassan,ajay jadeja,kapli dev,naya mongia,laxman sivarama krishnan,..and a lot.....

Jayzamann

International Regular
What is their insistence on using the low-down long-off camera for the occasional live ball coverage? It's completely off-putting.
Ergh I hate that, it's normally for free hits, iirc. I'm just expecting the camera to cut to the normal angle at any moment but it doesn't. It's such a close-framed shot, too. The batsman takes up too much space on the screen.

nandla

Banned
Ergh I hate that, it's normally for free hits, iirc. I'm just expecting the camera to cut to the normal angle at any moment but it doesn't. It's such a close-framed shot, too. The batsman takes up too much space on the screen.
I'm wonder to see your comments :)
Its not been so difficult here to watch live tv for cricket

Debris

International 12th Man
Don't really think the ICC is as fault here. All broadcasters have been guilty of stupid camera angles. Haven't noticed it being particularly worse during the world cup.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not enough replays either. We never really got a proper replay, for example, of the running between the wickets when Ricky got pinged.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah, the replays have been shocking. No super slo-mo, they don't even seem to be able to pause the feed at the crucial moments. Or even bother to try.