• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

tuffey vs harmison

whos better?

• Tuffey(NZ)

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Harmison(ENG)

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Well Tuffeys stats are alot better
Tuffey is up near the top of both ratings.
Harminsons test average is 29 with are RPO of 2.91
One day average is 49 with an RPO of nearley 6.

Tuffey
Tuffeys test average is 27.3 with an RPO of 3.03
One day average of 28 with an RPO of 4.5

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tuffey is a fine bowler IMO..

And he has something which Harmison lacks... Control...

And a very good knack of getting a wicket very early on in the innings.. Im looking forward to watching him in England...

ND_fan

Cricket Spectator
Tuffey is stacks better. He bowls a consistant line and length and he can bat well at the bottom of the order.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When they both started their careers Harmison looked the much better bowler. I remember Tuffey's debut against Australia - it was one of the most embarrasing bowling performances ever, but since then he has developed into a very fine bowler, who would be a much better bowler if Bond was at the other end.

Harmison, is a player I like, and on his day can trouble the best batsman, but he lacks consistency, but does have potential IMO.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
They're not really alike as bowlers though.
Yeah, true. Harmisson uses bounce and pace, whereas Tufey likes to be full and use the swing. Although I think Tuffey has become a bit faster in the last 2-3 years.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Harmison does not use pace and bounce! Because good batsmen aren't troubled by excessive pace and bounce.
Harmison uses the poor batting of poor batting-line-ups (namely Zimbabwe and Bangladesh) to get his average down.
Against decent teams he usually gets 0, 1 and 2-fors, with the occasional spell of good figures (6 for 156 against Aus in Fourth and Fifth Tests; 3 for 58 against India; 4 for 33 against South Africa in Fifth Test).
Tuffey, on flat wickets, appears to use the same things, though there was some evidence that this may be changing in India. On green wickets with a shiny ball, he uses seam and swing to devestating effect.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
When they both started their careers Harmison looked the much better bowler. I remember Tuffey's debut against Australia - it was one of the most embarrasing bowling performances ever, but since then he has developed into a very fine bowler, who would be a much better bowler if Bond was at the other end.

Harmison, is a player I like, and on his day can trouble the best batsman, but he lacks consistency, but does have potential IMO.
Harmison will never trouble the best batsmen until he gets his seam-position sorted-out, and even then he still needs a favourable pitch.
Tuffey's best performances, meanwhile, have come without Bond in the side.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
Harmison does not use pace and bounce! Because good batsmen aren't troubled by excessive pace and bounce.
I've seen Brian Lara, Mark Waugh, Steve Waugh, Jacques Kallis and many other top-class batsmen troubled by excessive pace and bounce.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How often have they been dismissed because the ball that dismissed them bounced more than they expected?

Status
Not open for further replies.