• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trent Boult

cnerd123

likes this
Should have had a wicket first ball. I have seen the replay many times - Poor decision from Erasmus.
How can people say this when the technology showed that whether or not it would have hit legstump was inconclusive? An I missing something here?

I agree Boult is unlucky that a 50/50 call didn't go his way first ball, but to call it a poor decisions is just wrong. Umpires call means the tech was inconclusive, which means Erasmus was fine giving it not out.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How can people say this when the technology showed that whether or not it would have hit legstump was inconclusive? An I missing something here?

I agree Boult is unlucky that a 50/50 call didn't go his way first ball, but to call it a poor decisions is just wrong. Umpires call means the tech was inconclusive, which means Erasmus was fine giving it not out.
Forget about drs, in slow mo it looked plumb to me. Would bet my house it was hitting.

Spark

Global Moderator
He seriously messed up that catch. He clearly did not realise that he was so close to the rope before he took the ball, and only checked as an afterthought. By then it was too late.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone knows he a champion fast bowler and one of the greats of our generation but he got he adjustments wrong why give stokes a ball in his arc when he bowled 2 perfect wide Yorkers, why change when the requirement is 15 runs off 4 balls.
Perhaps he's a Human Being.

Flem274*

123/5

it was cannoning into leg stump you ****ing apologist meme

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can’t believe anyone genuinely thinks it was about to miss leg. That’s hilarious.

cnerd123

likes this
So in one thread we have people trusting their eyes over DRS, and in the other thread we have people who want DRS trusted over people's eyes.

And they're the same people.

Well done guys.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Yeah according to DRS, it was probably 49% hitting the stumps. So ridiculous. Was smashing poles over if you ask me.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah according to DRS, it was probably 49% hitting the stumps. So ridiculous. Was smashing poles over if you ask me.
You were watching it from dead behind the wickets with the benefit of technology built into your vision to track the ball then we’re you?

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Maybe they should make the percentage change depending on how far away from the stumps the impact is