• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Schedule

Shri

Mr. Glass
1st Test: February 5-9 – MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai – 9:30 AM

2nd Test: February 13-17 – MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai – 9:30 AM

3rd Test: February 24-28 – Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad – 2:30 PM

4th Test: March 4-8 – Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad – 9:30 AM

1st T20I: March 12 – Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad – 7:00 PM

2nd T20I: March 14 – Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad – 7:00 PM

3rd T20I: March 16 – Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad – 7:00 PM

4th T20I: March 18 – Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad – 7:00 PM

5th T20I: March 20 – Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad – 7:00 PM

1st ODI: March 23 – Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune – 1:30 PM

2nd ODI: March 26– Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune – 1:30 PM

3rd ODI: March 28 – Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune – 1:30 PM

cnerd123

likes this
is the reason boards keep sandwiching T20Is in between Tests and ODIs is because they feel it aids player recovery? Like playing ODIs either directly before or after Tests would exhaust the players, so they transition from Tests to ODIs (or vice versa) with a bunch of T20Is in between to lessen the workload on players and let them recover?

Because if not, then I don't understand it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
no one has ever had the advantage of playing back to back tests in the same venue in ages

if they **** this up, they'll probably not get the chance again to be competitive for a while

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Should let in a hundred people at least. I'm sure they'll make enough noise to make it feel like a live game for those watching on the telly.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
But of course ****ing movie halls can have 50% crowds.
Really sad that we are not going to see any crowds in Chennai especially considering it is going to be two tests which are so important for WTC. Chennai is one place where we get good crowds for test matches still.

Can understand why they are doing this but it is ridiculous that they are allowing 50% occupancy for freaking movie halls.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Really sad that we are not going to see any crowds in Chennai especially considering it is going to be two tests which are so important for WTC. Chennai is one place where we get good crowds for test matches still.

Can understand why they are doing this but it is ridiculous that they are allowing 50% occupancy for freaking movie halls.
Money talks. And in TN, politics and cinema go hand in hand, unfortunately. :(

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Its a joke to not let crowds in. The ****ing malls are chokeful of people, and so are the movie theatres.

Slightly worried for players being rushed into another bubble before they get time for some RnR with family and friends.

Niall

International Coach
Is Chennai having a bad time with the rona?

If so I somewhat get it, but surely they can get a few people in and tell them to socially distance , wear mask etc?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We got like 1600 active cases right now. We were one of the worst affected earlier but overall, I think numbers for most metros have been rather similar. If anything, Mumbai and Chennai are supposed to have achieved some level of herd immunity in certain localities, based om some studies they did a few months back.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Very few are going but it wont stop the **** media creating narratives like the world #1 BO movie was a ****ing Vijay movie. :laugh:

The political parties and its money and influence is everywhere...