• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France 2010

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not that I think Menchov/Sanchez will seriously threaten Contador/Schleck, but I thought it was a pretty stupid game they were both playing on that last climb last night.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Not that I think Menchov/Sanchez will seriously threaten Contador/Schleck, but I thought it was a pretty stupid game they were both playing on that last climb last night.
I don't think that it would have put either at any real risk at all. If they wanted to, they could have both just bombed it to the top of the hill in double quick time and cut the gap to virtually nothing.

Really like Menchov though, never realised how good a climber he was.

Matteh

Given I have a bet on Schleck finishing not 2nd behind Contador, I'm all for it.

Without that, it's smacks of poor form. Ullrich waited for Armstrong after the carrier bag crash and if he hadn't then he'd have won that Tour.

Craig

World Traveller
It looked like Contador was starting his counter attack just as Schleck had his mechanical. Then Menchov and Samu Sanchez joined Contador and started riding as well.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sky reduced to the tactics of the French teams - send someone in the break and hope it sticks.

Someone should have told them it's a topfinish today. :p

Johnners

Ouch, was cringing just watching them ride up that, absolutely incredible effort. Quite surprised there isn't more incidents involving crashes with spectators, looks ridiculously unsafe at times with them being allowed to run so close to the competitors.

social

Even my wife and 4 year old son were glued to that

However, tbf, my son was more interested in asking why men were wearing mummy's bathers :-O

Riveting stuff anyway and cant wait for the last time trial

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ouch, was cringing just watching them ride up that, absolutely incredible effort. Quite surprised there isn't more incidents involving crashes with spectators, looks ridiculously unsafe at times with them being allowed to run so close to the competitors.
Yeah, this stage explained pretty well why they don't do top finishes on Tourmalet too often. Probably 100 years until next time. :o

And now they've got to find a way down and drive about 100km to Salies-de-Béarn...think it's going to be a long night.

Well played Contador...hopefully Schleck has a better team around him next year, has more mountain finishes to challenge in and is an even stronger climber. :)

Craig

World Traveller
At the 1999 Tour de France, an Italian by the name of Giuseppe Guerini, riding for the German Telekom team (later T-Mobile, and to a certain extent, later HTC-Columbia), broke away on Alpe d'Huez and in the final km, he was certain to win, some **** stepped right out in front of him to take a photo and subsequently forced Guerini to crash. Thankfully Guerini got back on the bike and got the win. If he didn't, he would of had every right to be filthy.

At the 2001 Giro d'Italia, another Italian by the name of Wladimer (and yes, that was spelled correctly) Belli who was riding in a mountain stage, and a fan got a little bit too close and was being a pain in the arse and Belli punched him whilst riding. Belli was told to GAGF and was disqualified when the stage was over.

Craig

World Traveller
Contador secures his 3rd Tour de France, and this will sit alongside his Giro and Vuelta titles. Anthony Charteau confirms that he is the worst ever KOM winner.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The biggest interest tomorrow on the Champs-Elysees will be whether Pickup or Moerk take the CW title. In the closest race for years, the Norwegian eked out a five-point lead thanks to Cancellara's ITT win: and it will be all down to the sprinters in Paris.

Moerk: 1 Cavendish 3 Farrar 4 Ciolek 7 Hushovd 14 Boassen Hagen
Pickup: 1 Cavendish 2 Hushovd 4 Farrar 10 Petacchi 12 Ciolek

Ciolek will make all the difference...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Think Hakkers won. Mitchell was nearly last in the whole thing. Much better display personally.

Bring back CW Cycling!

Craig

World Traveller
Team Saxo Bank rumoured to be known as Team Specialized - Sungard from next season. Or Team SS for short, I insist they sign Tony Martin from HTC - Columbia is actually a police officer. I wonder how they would go in Poland?