• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top Five Cricketers from each country

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I forgot about two storey Dorey, randomly played a couple of ODIs for some reason.

Swain was a touch earlier, good left arm swing bowler. Was in and out of the Redbacks side a fair bit, sometimes percieved as a touch pedestrian for the Adelaide Oval highways of the era. But he had a better record than pretty much all of his teammates of the time. Contrast that to my current avatar Hags, also left arm but that is where the similarities end. He was fast and wild, could be all over the shop, but was never boring to watch.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I probably watched nearly every ball Bracken bowled in his Aus career and I still forget about him 99% of the time

Yeah, most notable moment of his stint in the team is him getting all pissy because apparently Michael Clarke didn't say hello to him in the street or somesuch
lmao let me guess he wrote an article on it

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Yeah I forgot about two storey Dorey, randomly played a couple of ODIs for some reason.

Swain was a touch earlier, good left arm swing bowler. Was in and out of the Redbacks side a fair bit, sometimes percieved as a touch pedestrian for the Adelaide Oval highways of the era. But he had a better record than pretty much all of his teammates of the time. Contrast that to my current avatar Hags, also left arm but that is where the similarities end. He was fast and wild, could be all over the shop, but was never boring to watch.
According to cricinfo he played 4 ODI's because he impressed Merv Hughes when he took career best 7/86 in a FC game against Brisbane. His record is actually reasonably good and he had a few good seasons although troubled by injuries.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dorey was one of many attempts by the selectors to find another McGrath after his retirement.

Warne was a big game player, but was less consistent than Murali or Saqlain.

A more interesting question though is where does Hogg rank in the ODI spinners pantheon? Worse than the big 3, but I'm struggling to think of any other spinners who were better than him at ODI level.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Every state had their own apparent "next McGrath" for a while. I remember some people over here calling for Paul Rofe to be picked at one point in time

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Dorey was one of many attempts by the selectors to find another McGrath after his retirement.

Warne was a big game player, but was less consistent than Murali or Saqlain.

A more interesting question though is where does Hogg rank in the ODI spinners pantheon? Worse than the big 3, but I'm struggling to think of any other spinners who were better than him at ODI level.
Dorey was excruciatingly slow. I remember watching him for the first time on tv in an ODI against Bangladesh (I think) and I literally turned the tv off and yelled "what the ****" when I saw how bloody slow he was.

His economy rate is ludicrous.
His strike rate is very ordinary.
Well duh you don't generally have both to a "ludicrous" level. If they were both exceptional he'd have an average of about 10

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Brett Lee was the best ODI bowler of all time. He was the Bradman of ODI bowling. He was the opposite in ODI cricket as Nick Bertus is in state cricket (a complete disappointment).