• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 5 Test and Top 5 One-Day Internationals

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I'm only 16 years old but i have seen some outstanding cricket matches in my time. Here are a list of the top 5 test and top 5 odi's that i have rated

Test Matches:

1.India vs Australia, Kolkatta 2001 (When Dravid and VVS turned the test on its head)

2.West Indies vs Australia, Barbados 1999 (Lara to the rescue)

3.West Indies vs Australia, Jamaica 1995 (The changing or world Power)

4.India vs Pakistan, Chennai 1999 (Exillarating test cricket between two fierce rivals)

5.West Indies vs Australia, Antigua 2003 (McGrath - I heard lara gives good *** Sarwan replies ask your wife)

One-day Internationals:

1.India vs Pakistan, Karachi 2004 (One-day cricket at its best)

2.Pakistan vs England, Karachi 2000 (Freddie is on fire)

3.Australia vs Pakistan, Headingley 99 world cup (wasim, bevan, waugh, akhtar its too much)

4.Australia vs South Africa, Edgbagston 99 world cup (How can we forget this tie)

5.England vs India, Lords, Natwest final 2002 (Yuvraj & kaif who r they)

What r the best games u have seen

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ v West Indies, Hamilton, 1999 (scorecard here)

Incredible comeback. Loved every minute of that test apart from WI's 276 run opening partnership.

Zinzan

_Ed_ said:
NZ v West Indies, Hamilton, 1999 (scorecard here)

Incredible comeback. Loved every minute of that test apart from WI's 276 run opening partnership.
That was in incredible turn around to a test match. I remember being depressed after day 1 expecting W.I to score 600.

hindsy

Cricket Spectator
One of the best one-dayers i saw was 1996 Australia vs. West Indies at the SCG. Last ball, Harper to Bevan, 4 to win it... great game.

Zinzan

hindsy said:
One of the best one-dayers i saw was 1996 Australia vs. West Indies at the SCG. Last ball, Harper to Bevan, 4 to win it... great game.
Yes !! I was there ****ed in the stands ...it was amazing that last ball

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BlackCap_Fan said:
Yeah, totally unforgettable.
There have been a few I've enjoyed more, but I'll never forget that one.
Even before the last couple of hours it was fantastic.
One fantastic innings by Hussain... then another. Yes, after Fleming put down a simple chance at slip off Astle, Hussain was given a chance to play another 52, and he managed a 54.
Then a sensational bowling performance by Hoggard, with Caddick briefly interluding when he got it right.
Then the one sour bit (and I had exams the next day so I went to bed at Tea anyway); Thorpe being extravagantly praised for being dropped by Astle on 4 and in combination with Flintoff pumelling some of the worst bowling I've ever seen by one of the worst Test-match bowlers I've ever seen (Ian Butler).
But then Fleming establishing a launching-pad, Caddick cutting through the innings, and Astle providing a quite unthinkable conclusion.
What I've never been able to help wondering is... what would have happened had Fleming caught Hussain?
Or, possibly more enticing, what'd have happened had Astle caught Thorpe?
Still - for once I'm not complaining too much.
Anything that changed what happened with the Astle 222 is something I'd never, ever wish for.

Zinzan

Richard said:
Yeah, totally unforgettable.
There have been a few I've enjoyed more, but I'll never forget that one.
Even before the last couple of hours it was fantastic.
One fantastic innings by Hussain... then another. Yes, after Fleming put down a simple chance at slip off Astle, Hussain was given a chance to play another 52, and he managed a 54.
Then a sensational bowling performance by Hoggard, with Caddick briefly interluding when he got it right.
Then the one sour bit (and I had exams the next day so I went to bed at Tea anyway); Thorpe being extravagantly praised for being dropped by Astle on 4 and in combination with Flintoff pumelling some of the worst bowling I've ever seen by one of the worst Test-match bowlers I've ever seen (Ian Butler).
But then Fleming establishing a launching-pad, Caddick cutting through the innings, and Astle providing a quite unthinkable conclusion.
What I've never been able to help wondering is... what would have happened had Fleming caught Hussain?
Or, possibly more enticing, what'd have happened had Astle caught Thorpe?
Still - for once I'm not complaining too much.
Anything that changed what happened with the Astle 222 is something I'd never, ever wish for.
Yes amazing to think Astle's 222 still wasn't quite enough to make up for his miss of Thorpe.

Hussian innings in the first innings when the ball was seaming around was one of the best i've seen

Deja moo

International Captain
honestbharani said:
I think most of the tests here at Chennai have been memorable for one reason or the other.
Chennai tests rule :cool: . IMO India should play in Chennai every series.

Natman20

International Debutant
Im 16 to

India vs. New Zealand
NZ - 199
IND - 200/9

1 ball remaining
1 run needed
1 wicket needed
4 wickets had just fallen in quick succesion

That was a classic

Deja moo

International Captain
Natman20 said:
Im 16 to

India vs. New Zealand
NZ - 199
IND - 200/9

1 ball remaining
1 run needed
1 wicket needed
4 wickets had just fallen in quick succesion

That was a classic
The only time ever that India won by One wicket, if I'm not mistaken...

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Watching England bowl west indies out for 54 at lords was pretty special and an important moment in Englands recent history

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The 54 at Lord’s was special, but from an English point of view, I’d take Headingly of 2000 over Lord’s of 2000.

psxpro

Banned
I loved the Nz vs england test at christchurch as well even though we lost.
I can't pick a favourite at the moment as there are many.

Same with odi's.
But here are some.

All 4 VB series matches NZ vs australia in 2001 (the one we lost was probably the best, amazing from bevan but we still made the final)

NZ vs sa In Vb series 2001 (the one where cairns got that superb 100

Nz Vs australia World cup 2003, bond's 6 wickets was somethign else, amazing we stilll lost by 100 runs.

NZ Vs southafrica, the match where klusener needed 4 to win off the last ball, nash bowled a full toss and he hit a six, I was so angry at nash for a while.

NZ vs southafrica in 1997/98 vb series possibly the best of the lot. This was nash's comeback match.
Sa got 300 I think. Nz were 95/5. Then parore played a stunning quick 50. cairns got 60 odd. Nash atted brilliantly. 2 balls left 7 runs to win. Nash hits the most extrodinary shot by almost sweeping pollock, then is it a 4 or 6? huge controversy, they decide its a 4. 3 to win off last ball Nash gets caught in the deep and nz lose.
Amazing match.

Many more matches, I'll post more tommorow, to be honest I have seen more memorable odi's than tests.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
SA v Aus - 1999 WC semi..

The only sporting moment that has made me cry..
Quite an amazing game. Probably had the biggest effect on me of any match I have watched as well. I remember punching the air and shouting and so on in the lounge room at about 3am or whenever it finished here, and I'm not exactly the parochial supporter type. It was just one of those moments where you really want somebody to win, after the way the Australian team had come back from the dead in two consecutive world cups so many times and looked like going out at the end for the second time, it was thrilling the way it finished.

I'm sure that's not the same reason it impacted on you, but an amazing sporting moment nonetheless. ;)

Best ever ODI match all round, in my opinion.

hindsy

Cricket Spectator
that was indeed a great game. pity the final was such a let down in terms of actual competition.

Natman20

International Debutant
can someone please tell me what happened in that match. Ive only been following cricket since 2002